This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Trouble at Digg?

edited June 2007 in Technology
Digg has been down since last evening. They were rolling out some changes and something went wrong...

Comments

• It's working now, but it doesn't look like any changes have been rolled out. It appears to they went into a change that didn't work, and thus they reverted. Trying to make a change and having it not work happens to everybody. There are only two things I see they did wrong. One, they did the change at a time when there were many users online. You should always hold this stuff for the wee hours on weekends. Second, they didn't revert soon enough. If it doesn't work within a few minutes, you have to use your back out plan without hesitation to minimize down time.
  • They're working on implementing a new commenting system, don't know why though. Seems just fine to me.
  • They're working on implementing a new commenting system, don't know why though. Seems just fine to me.
    I barely pay attention to Digg comments. I guess I don't really care about them. However, I imagine it is possible that they could change the comment system in some way that would get me to read them. Here's hoping they move in a good direction.
  • I barely pay attention to Digg comments. I guess I don't really care about them. However, I imagine it is possible that they could change the comment system in some way that would get me to read them. Here's hoping they move in a good direction.
    I believe they are implementing fully threaded comments /. style.
  • A fully threaded comment style should be much better then what they currently have. Especially if you can collapse an entire thread.
  • If only they had a way to physically shock idiot comment makers. I'd buy that for a dollar!
  • If only they had a way to physically shock idiot comment makers. I'd buy that for a dollar!
    So will this guy.