This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gun X Sword

edited June 2007 in Anime
I've been watching Gun X Sword via Netflix for a little over a month now. I was expecting a basic giant robot anime but it turned out to be something else.

Last night I was watching the second to last disc and they surprised me by only putting three episodes on it! I was expecting four shows and for the last disc to only have two on it. At least the last disc should be in by the weekend.

Comments

• I saw the first dozen or so episodes and I was pretty into it. Unfortunetly the people that were fan-subbing it quit, so I never got to finish the series. Though, now that they are on Netflix, I will have to give it another shot (in the mouth? lol).

Can you tell me, are the Netflix DVDs subbed or dubbed?
  • I think both.

I always turn the subs on because:

a. I am hard of hearing
    b. To check for dialogue changes

I have no problem with the voice actors used, they fit the characters well.

• Can you tell me, are the Netflix DVDs subbed or dubbed?
    Pretty much every anime DVD in the US allows you to choose between dub and sub. Have you ever watched any foreign movie on DVD before?
  • edited June 2007

Can you tell me, are the Netflix DVDs subbed or dubbed?
    Pretty much every anime DVD in the US allows you to choose between dub and sub. Have you ever watched any foreign movie on DVD before?
    Indeed, sir, I have. But then again, I borrowed Gundam Wing from a friend of mine and was pretty pissed because it only gave the option to watch them dubbed over. Granted, I don't know how official or legal his copy was... but never-the-less, I have been jaded since. From then on, I haven't watched any anime series on DVD, getting my fill mostly from downloads.
    Post edited by CrimsonGenesis on
  • I watched the first episode fansubbed and gave up on it.
  • I watched the first episode fansubbed and gave up on it.
    The first episode is designed to trick you into thinking it is a battling mecha show. It is not.
  • The first episode is designed to trick you into thinking it is a battling mecha show. It is not.
    Well, it did a good job. Cuz it didn't seem to be worth my time.