This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The biggest fucking waste of time I've ever seen.

edited June 2007 in Technology
NqFOB77jLaE

I am angry at this person for having so much fucking free time.

Comments

• Ok that is just ridiculous on a whole other level of ridiculous.
  • I would think with talent like that you could start up your own anime company.
  • Or at least a sprite designer for the "pixel perfect" look.
  • I would be more impressed if it were GETTER ROBO!
  • Saw this a long time ago. Was it totd? Was it in another thread? All I have to say is that the guy is dumb. He could have done the same exact work in less than half the time if he used an advanced text editor like vi instead of shitty Notepad.
  • Saw this a long time ago.
    Ah, well, that's been happening a lot on Digg lately.
  • I can really appreciate the skill someone like this has. Its sort of a clever twist on ASCII art.
  • I can really appreciate the skill someone like this has. Its sort of a clever twist on ASCII art.
    What skill? It's just manual labor, no artistic talent necessary.
  • Yep, real artistic skill. Though I'm assuming it was first done as a bitmap.
    Working out what line to place everything on and then going through and getting things right. Neat skill.
  • Yep, real artistic skill. Though I'm assuming it was first done as a bitmap.
    Working out what line to place everything on and then going through and getting things right. Neat skill.
    Um, the guy obviously found a picture on the internet, resized it to have much lower resolution and then just recreated the image in a different format.
  • RymRym
    edited June 2007
    You could pretty trivially write a script to turn the bits of ANY bitmapped image into an equivalent set of HTML statements.  It would be nearly as trivial to then write a script that re-created these statements semi-live, much like those machines in arcades that "draw" your picture.  All they actually do is take the picture, run a filter on it, and then run a routine that incrementally updates the screen with the information from the filtered image.
    This was little more than a magic trick.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Oh look here, someone did it. Further proof that the guy who did the "original" is an idiot who wasted his time.
  • edited June 2007
    It isn't going to bugger up the database if I post one of those things in here is it?

Well I still like it.

Wow, that's actually a really cool idea to stop people just copy and pasting pictures/hotlinking from your website.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Wow, that's actually a really cool idea to stop people just copy and pasting pictures/hotlinking from your website.
    Even with Scott's generator, it's just too much work.
  • Hmm... Well, I see this similar to the ones where people use only MS Paint to create their masterful works of art.
  • This is a little bit like a statement on the Youtube comments list, but would anyone happen to know the name of that song? I assume it is something from an anime, but I just do not watch any to remotely have an idea.
  • This is a little bit like a statement on the Youtube comments list, but would anyone happen to know the name of that song? I assume it is something from an anime, but I just do not watch any to remotely have an idea.
    I'm not sure, but it could be a song called "IOSYS" from one of the Touhou shooters, which is where that character is from...