This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

if you could change your name.

If I could change my name it would be
Vincent van dike or something like that.

Comments

• Max power? Sounds like a name a huge 7'0 feet tall muscle-head would use.
  • FYI, I'm actually only 6'2".

In the pants.

By which I mean my penis.
  • edited April 2006
    Riiiiiiiight and Rym is gay. (No offence.)
    Post edited by the flamming geek on
  • Hey, I'm not the one thinking about 7' tall muscle-heads here, pal.
  • But dont you think is like saying "I'm big and powerful!"
  • There's a problem with being big and powerful? I didn't get that memo.

And besides, the name came from an episode of The Simpsons, you nub.
  • So what if I dont watch the simpsons?
  • Then you're not going to heaven, Billy. I can call you Billy, can't I?
  • Billy? Okay but my name is Joan,but I like Billy. (4 no aparent reason.)
  • I would change my name to Rym...

^_~
  • Thane.. All I can think of is the anti-scientology episode of South Park when Chef says "No, I mean my balls." =P
  • Because no one ever saw that one comming...

: p
  • Yes that rocked...too bad chef died.
  • Hey, I could go with "kmrym" or "karym" or whatever it was that I wrote. Then I'd be in the same boat as "Apreche" when people tried to say it.
  • "Apreche" doesn't seem that hard to pronounce...maybe I am just saying it wrong and not realizing it.
  • There is no right way to say Apreche. Yet.
  • I'm with you. I thought it was obvious the first time I saw it. "op retch." You wouldn't believe how many people say "op reachy" or some other strange thing.
  • How about A-pro-chet?
  • Here's a possible solution: ask Microsoft Sam. He (it) pronounces it as Ah-pree-chee, sounding like "upper cheat" or "apogee".

Anyone with Macintalk (or whatever their TTS system is called), or a Linux equivalent care to add to this?
  • Then ah!-press-cheat....Ok I got to stop making lame jokes.
  • Thane.. All I can think of is the anti-scientology episode of South Park when Chef says "No, I mean my balls." =P
    Damn, I haven't seen that one yet. And I believe that's the anti-Isaac Hayes episode you're referring to :)
  • we need a scientologist to sacrifice!
  • Quetzalcoatl approves the scientologist sacrifice.
  • RymRym
    edited April 2006
    Quetzalcoatl in 2012!

I'd vote for 'im.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • fig38Bz.jpg

All others are simply mortal....

Quetzalcoatl 2012
  • Thor.

Actually, way back when, I had a childhood friend named Thor.

Truthfully, I like my given name (Peter), but I'd change my family name (Olsen) to its original Norwegian. It's Sveinesen, or something like that, originally.
  • Heh. A strange link with another topic in the latest podcast occurs to me.

Back in middle school, I was subject to taunting and bullying (maybe not the best word, as it never went to the point of violence) on account of my name. My last name is long and strange (strange only by the standards of whitebread suburbia, but that's where I grew up), and this caused certain people much more amusement than it should have.

Being an emotionally unstable middle-schooler at the time, I took this all a little too personally until I learned to ignore the whole matter. Perhaps as a result, I now take a certain degree of pride in my last name. I can count the number of people who share it on one hand, after all.

On the other hand, I still almost never use my full name (full first, middle, last), because it's just too long to be worth it.
  • My first name is boring. Matthew. Nothing interesting there. My last name however is unique, easy to say and rather fun. There was a point in my life that I all together stopped using my first name and introduced myself with my last name. Even teachers stopped using my fist name on account that there are so many Matts. It was most amusing when one of my college buddies discovered that I had a first name.