This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

the flame geek coming clean.

edited April 2006 in GeekNights
Well I have said I live in Japan. That is half true. I will leave in two weeks (with soulbenier like a keychain size plant). The room mate I talked about is in Miami. I also said he did something with my computer saying "you may need it." Also, the diminutive man speaks English and he is my "tour guide." The little apartment is a hotel room and my actual job is designing some characters for someone's pet project that may not be published as a video game.

Comments

• edited April 2006
    Oh, and my email address saying "juan" is a typo: I'm just too lazy to put up a new address. Any questions? Flames? Ohh, and I'm writing this on a PSP, so expect typos.
    Post edited by MrPeriod on
  • edited April 2006
    Ohh, and Tetris is the best!
  • edited April 2006
    Also, Scott, you are a Nintendo fan-boy. Don't you have anything good to say about Sony? Like, "if it wasn't for the ps1, gems like ff7 wouldn't shine?" I like Nintendo, but I try everything.
  • You have yet to provide any evidence backing your claim that you are in Japan.
    So answer this question: What is the difference between a Japanese crosswalk and an American crosswalk?
    Or provide a recording of a Japanese street.
  • Or, in lieu of the above, a urine sample.
  • Katsu isn't that question too easy?
  • Sony is a terrible company that has made horrible mistakes over and over for over a year. They really have very little chance of retaining the top console spot this go around.

Also, in case you forgot:

They INFECTED their users with ROOT KITS. Intentionally.

Sony can die in a fire for all I care.
  • Also...

Considering your track record, I'm fairly doubtful that you're going to Japan at all.
  • If you want I will send you some stuff when I get back.
    But I only have 400 yen (about $3 dollars) to buy random stuff.
  • oh and katsu cross walks are different from state to state in the USA.

to Rym & Scott:
    and plus in 2 weeks you will see that I was in japan and that you will get some nifty soulveniers.
  • 私を信じてはいけない
  • I challenge the great Mr. Period to grammar check that there kanji! :)
  • Heh... I'd doubt he knows Japanese, but you never know. (I know a grand total of -one- Kanji).

Regarding the flamming geek, I actually do have some questions.

Were you really born in London? If you grew up there and then moved to Miami as you claim, I assume you'd have a better grasp of the English language. Now, you stated that your typing problems were due to typing in Japanese all day, what with living in Japan and all. Since it's proven that you do not in fact live in Japan, nor do you understand Japanese, exactly why can you not type in proper English?

It's not just your email address that lent us to calling you "Juan." I won't reveal it to the public, but your real name, as given in the forum application, is distinctly Hispanic. You claim it was a typo. If this is the case, then what exactly were you trying to type?

Why did you lie about being in Japan in the first place?

Why do you continue to lie about speaking Japanese?

Staying in Tokyo is immensely expensive. If you have so little spending money, how on Earth will you survive there (if you're actually going)?

Why would a developer pay to fly you to Japan to do work that could easily be done remotely from your home?

I don't want to sound cruel, but I call bullshit on all of this yet again.
  • I would also like to mention that the flamming geek claims to speak better in Dutch. He sent something weird in a pm to me.
  • edited April 2006
    it is german.
    Post edited by the flamming geek on
  • du beleidigen mich?
  • RymRym
    edited April 2006
    flamming, you still haven't addressed my allegations. Why must this continue? Furthermore, how does your claiming to speak German have anything to do with any of this?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I'll agree with you on the fact that Sony is a "good" company, but only part way. For instance, their laptops are very up to par, as well as their desktops. They also do well in audio equipment and video, and so forth, so we can't forget those categories. Rym sort of takes the PS series and the PSP and tries to make it what the company is all about. That's fine, since that's the only thing that matters, but their money isn't coming from gaming, obviously. Their revenue is going to be from all the general consumer electronics venues they have. Don't think I'm bias, because I'm just a PC and PSP gamer, that's it. Oh wait, I only listen to geeknights on PSP. Nevermind.

If anyone wants to bring up anything on how Sony's overall track record is, that would be awesome. I know their gaming line isn't great, but what about everything else?
  • RymRym
    edited April 2006
    Sony's music division is in the crapper. Their hardware division is driving the freight train of failure (Blu-Ray). MiniDisc was an abysmal failure in most of the world. SOE has become an equally abysmal mire, especially considering the utter failure of Star Wars Galaxies. Their DVD players are overpriced and poorly made.

Couple all of this with the fact that they're still facing litigation over the fact that they put malicious code on their customers' computers, and you have one terrible company.

Their hardware divisions need to break away from their IP divisions. Otherwise, the latter will continue to cripple any innovation made by the former and pull the whole company into a slow death spiral.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • what about ff7 and soul reaver? Those were good games.

oh and I said I don't know Japanese.

my first name is Joan but my last name is Gomez, yes I do have Hispanic heritage. but its from my parents. I barely know how to say hi in Spanish.

oh and plus...LET ME ENJOY MY 2 WEEKS IN JAPAN AT PEACE!

and those 400 yen are the remainder of what I got for souvenirs
  • du Stockdumm mann
  • Gone from living in Japan to moving to Japan to now a trip to Japan?
  • im in japan god-dammit! in 2 freaking weeks im coming back!
  • Flamming geek, how many times can you possibly contridict yourself without realizing it?

Well I have said I live in Japan. That is half true. I will leave in two weeks (with soulbenier like a keychain size plant).

If you want I will send you some stuff when I get back.
    But I only have 400 yen (about $3 dollars) to buy random stuff.

and plus in 2 weeks you will see that I was in japan and that you will get some nifty soulveniers.

These three posts specify that you are going to go t Japan in two weeks. So how does this next post fit?

im in japan god-dammit! in 2 freaking weeks im coming back!

Now you said that you are in Japan. So you were able to get to Japan in 14 hours if we assume you were posting while in flight. Now this post is by far my favorite one you made:

oh and plus...LET ME ENJOY MY 2 WEEKS IN JAPAN AT PEACE!

and those 400 yen are the remainder of what I got for souvenirs

You said those sentences in the same post, meaning that you said that you're leaving for Japan in two weeks and you already have souvenirs from the trip you'll take in two weeks.

Can't you just admit that you were lying? Come on, even saying you were hacked or had your brother post without you knowing and used your name to post is more believable at this point...
  • Oh, and if you wanted your name to come from the word "Flame," then you misspelled your own name. It should be "the flaming geek," not "the flamming geek" you know?
  • Maybe he's french and he's trying to be called the flahming geek.
  • Sony suck. Period. I can try and try but I don't have a single good thing to say about any Sony product. My friends and I were going to offer our film in PSP format as well as iPod, but we just can't get a damn movie file on to one. It's too hard. Plus there's what, about 1GB of storage max on those pathetic memory stick things that cost the earth as it is. So we aren't bothering. I suppose that we will loose the sales to both people who bought a PSP but that's life. Not surprising as its obviously a piece of sh**t (don't know if I can swear on here), flaming geek has typos because he's on a PSP? Nice to know that you can type on a PSP but it can't actually select the letters you want. Doesn't that make it totally pointless. Add into that the fact that no major studio is making any more UMD movies, no games developers can be bothered to make games for it because they're all working on XBox 360 and maybe one day the PS3. Sounds like the PSP is dead to me.

See, that's how good Sony are without even getting onto all the copy protection they put on CDs. I think the rule at the moment is that if you play a Sony CD, they come to take your children away in the night. I'll admit to being a bit of an Apple fanboy, but Im like that thinking that most things they make is the best version of that product available. The best computers/mp3 players/web cams/OS/software, whereas Sony make very average things. Very very average.

As for the geek... ban him and keep him banned. Can you really be bothered dealing with him? If nothing else its fun to talk about him, not to him.
  • You can swear all you want, as long as you do so in a grammatically correct or comedic way. This forum will never be censored for content.

Also, I believe you meant "lose" instead of "loose." Fucker.
  • Yeah, no word is sacred here. (meekrob!)

Frankly, I just don't trust Sony. They've proven time and time again that they'll screw their customers in a second if it will please the shareholders.
  • 400 yen will not get you shit in Japan. A beer at a local dive bar there costs more than 400 yen. Oh, you can go from Yokohama to Shinagawa by train on that. But that's about it.