This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

English smoking ban

12345679»

Comments

• What's the best way to secret an entire crate of Swiss absinthe into the US?
    Illegally.
    Correct!

I also would have accepted "In [my] stomach and bloodstream."
  • Fuck you all I'm west country born and bread. Filled with a mix of home brew cider and cheese I'll take you all on.
  • Filled with a mix of home brew cider and cheese I'll take you all on.
    Jesus, your drunken chunders must be atrocities worth of the ICJ.
  • Been surprisingly vomit free for a while. Though that is more dependant on what type of cider one has been drinking.
  • Fuck you all I'm west country born and bread. Filled with a mix of home brew cider and cheese I'll take you all on.
    You do realise that if you pass out first, we're gonna joyride your brand new combine harvester.

You do realise that if you pass out first, we're gonna joyride your brand new combine harvester.

And send your most beloved sheep to the mutton house.

• We're horse country down south! Also watch out Churba I've got a pretty mean dog. Looks like we're gonna be drinking the fighting cider then.
  • Bathtub scrumpy. Let loose the dogs of war.
  • We're horse country down south! Also watch out Churba I've got a pretty mean dog. Looks like we're gonna be drinking the fighting cider then.
    I'll bring the fightin' Rum!

Y'ever been to the Appleby horse fair? Got a bit smashed there, once, it was a bit of a laugh.

• I've been a couple of times but its filled with gypos half the time. There are a couple of game shows round by us that are rather good.
    Bathtub scrumpy. Let loose the dogs of war.
    A friend of mine does brew their own ciders and meads, its great after the first bottle as you've burnt of your taste buds.

• I've been a couple of times but its filled with gypos half the time. There are a couple of game shows round by us that are rather good.
    Pah, Gyps don't bother me. Taught some of them how to play two-up, at a giant antiques fair on an old airfield, and had a few beers with them. They seem to like Australians, for some reason.

• We've had problems with them in the local area. Quite a few farms have been hit multiple times over the years. That and I disagree with how they treat their horses but thats more of a personal thing.
  • It's a fucking park. Just put a no-smoking sign on the 'border' and such silliness if over.
    You have no idea the unending whining American smokers will pull when shit like this goes down. When Boston, and then greater Massachusetts, did this in the mid-nineties, the whining didn't end for at least a year or two. There are still isolated cases of people passive-aggressively smoking in restaurants.
    It's not like you don't have a no-smoking sign nearby to hit them over the head with.
  • CVS will no longer sell any tobacco products.
  • I was surprised that pharmacies / drug-stores still sold cigarettes in the US.
  • sK0pe said:

I was surprised that pharmacies / drug-stores still sold cigarettes in the US.

Yeah, it's pretty nuts. I mean, I can understand corner stores selling them, I can understand both the purpose and existence of tobacconists - and honestly, I wish they'd go back to the more old-style tobacconists here, where they're selling all sorts of different tobaccos and blends, rather than being a kitch shop that also sells smokes. But a Pharmacy? That's just weird.

• Pharmacies here are like weird hybrid convenience stores. They're not like pharmacies in Australia that are stores that are just the pharmacy section of a grocery store mostly in the US.
  • edited February 2014
    Yep most pharmacies in the US 40+ years ago were combination 5 & 10, soda fountain, lunch counter, pharmacy, and tobacconist all together. This is just a hold out from that period.

There's a pharmacy about 2 miles from my house that STILL has a lunch counter and a soda fountain.
    Post edited by muppet on