This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070702 - Digg Democracy, Slashdot Society

RymRym
edited July 2007 in Technology
Tonight on GeekNights, we complain about diggdot. In the news, Universal shuns iTunes, and allofmp3 dies (again).
Scott's Thing - Dancing Gorilla

Rym's Thing - This is Dramatic Sparta (remix)

Comments

• Soo early , soo good :P
  • What is with this odd trend of GeekNights coming out so early recently?
  • What is with this odd trend of GeekNights coming out so early recently?
    Rym's computer is just that much better.
  • Here's a link to an mp3 of the song featured in Rym's thing.
  • You know... If you like those 30 second shows you could do them and put them in Geeknights Experimental.  I'm just saying.
  • Cool. Thanks again gents, can't wait to listen and eventually comment. :)
  • Your comments on the Danish ISP, allofmp3 and Piratebay is anecdotal evidence of why those who oppose Network Neutrality on the basis of "the ISPs will block everything" are wrong. All it would take is Google to do what the PirateBay did and any blocking/degrading will be gone.
  • It's weird. Over the last six months or so, I have seen Digg's users take a sharp decline in intelligence. I don't know if it is the site getting more popular or what, but I find it increasingly more difficult to go there and spend more than one minute. Every single story is either "ZOMG BUSH IS TEH DEVIL!!1! KILL HIM!1!", some sort of Apple is awesome/Microsoft sucks story, one giant group-think cluster fuck of conspiracies, or a picture of something that is moderately cool or a stupid lawlcat. I've made a game though of how many diggs I can get per comment. Right now I am averaging roughly 150 diggs with my best being like 500.
  • edited July 2007
    meh
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • edited July 2007
    What about Reddit? How does that compare to Digg/Slashdot continuum?
    Post edited by Neito on