This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Favorite quotes

Dude one. "Dude, I thought there's only ogre bitches in the high fields."
Dude two. "Ogre bitches are still bitches too."

From roleplayed.

Comments

• "Just because I'm smart doesn't mean I can't act stupid" - Don't remember the source
  • "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all outta gum" Duke Nukem

"It was both vulgar and beautiful; Like a ballerina kicking someone in the crotch."
  • "I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees." ~ A Friend
    "I wanna be fast as fuck!" ~ My Brother
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." ~ Braveheart
    "Drink to me." ~ Last Words Of Picasso
    "Captain, with all due respect, fuck you sir!" ~ Outbreak
  • "Live for the day then die." ...I was a very sad child.
  • "Victory is the other guy not winning."
  • edited July 2007
    A.L.I.C.E: What is consciousness?
    Jabberwacky:It is the great immaterial thing, the mystery at the heart of each of us...

^Two chat bot programs talking with each other^

I love mankind, it's people I can't stand- Linus

Kino no ware, kyo wa katsu beshi
    "The person I was yesterday, I must beat today"
    -Yagyu Kaken, 16th Century.

What we do in life...echos in eternity.

"It frightens me, the awful truth, of how sweet life can be."

To sense that behind anything that can be experienced there is a something that our mind cannot grasp and whose beauty and sublimity reaches us only indirectly and as a feeble reflection, this is religiousness. In this sense I am religious. In this sense I am too religious, with the reservation that 'cannot grasp' does not mean 'forever ungraspable'. But I prefer not to call myself religious because it is misleading. It is destructively misleading because, for the vast majority of people, 'religion' implies 'supernatural'. - Einstein

We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die, because they are never going to be born. The number of people who could be here in my place outnumber the sand grains of Sahara. If you think about all the different ways our genes could be permuted, you and I are quite grotesquely lucky to be here... We are privileged to be alive, and we should make the most of our time on this world.- Richard Dawkins

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
    -Carl Sagan

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety
    - Benjamin Franklin

"Luck is probability taken personally"
    Whored from my facebook.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • "The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get."

-Bertrand Russell

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. In neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

-Thomas Jefferson
  • "Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

-Henry David Thoreau
  • "Children in the dark cause accidents, accidents in the dark cause children."
  • "I'll sleep when I die." - Abe, Clone High
    "I'm a Kennedy. I'm not used to tragedy." - JFK, Clone High
  • "It's spelled the same just with different letters." - Me in college
  • "I have just as much power as the Pope. I just have fewer people who believe me." - George Carlin.
  • "If you stick to what you know you'll only be left with what you know" -My "oniichan" Matt

"remember...success ends with cess.....but begins with suck (unzips pants here)" -Me to my friend Cecily aka Cess

"Growing old is mandatory...growing up is optional" -My friend Alex
  • "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!" -Dracula

"Objection! That was objectionable!" -Miles Edgeworth
  • "Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" -- Chester (Four Rooms)
  • edited July 2007
    -"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

-"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • "Why was there bacon in this soap?!?!" - Zim (Invader Zim)
    "Bang" - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

I'm sure I could come up with more, but I'm tired right now.
  • "Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by moving from where you left them to where you can't find them." - Unknown source.
  • edited August 2007
    "BEAUTY! PRETTY! SOCIETY!" - If you don't know, shame on you.

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand trinary, those who don't and those who confuse it with binary."
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • “What if a demon were to creep after you one night, in your loneliest loneliness, and say, 'This life which you live must be lived by you once again and innumerable times more; and every pain and joy and thought and sigh must come again to you, all in the same sequence. The eternal hourglass will again and again be turned and you with it, dust of the dust!' Would you throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse that demon? Or would you answer, 'Never have I heard anything more divine'?”

- Friedrich Nietzsche*

*Note: I'm not sure I agree with the ideas represented in this quote. In fact, Nietzsche and I agree on very little; however, I do find the quote fairly thought provoking, and therefore worth sharing.
  • "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

"My soul knows my meat is doing bad things, and is embarrassed. But my meat just keeps right on doing bad, dumb things." Kurt Vonnegut

"We're under a lot of pressure, you know, and you put us there. Nothing's riding on this except the, uh, first amendment to the Constitution, freedom of the press, and maybe the future of the country. Not that any of that matters, but if you guys fuck up again, I'm going to get mad. Goodnight." Ben Bradlee, "All the President's Men"
  • "Ordinary. The beautiful, dangerous kind of ordinary you just can't leave alone. Like an angel from the underworld...or maybe a devil from paradise." - Faye talking about Julia (CowBoy Bebop)

"I love a girl that can kick my ass" - Spike (CowBoy Bebop: the Movie)

"Is there an indellible line between sanity and insanity? Or do they change, from one into the other, without the slightest provocation? We'll find out that the world itself is insane." - Vincint (CowBoy Bebop: the Movie)
  • “Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.” - Henry Rollins

"Don't misunderstand. Those who sacrifice themselves for their jobs aren't pros ... just fools." - Reno FF VII
  • I'd be remiss if I didn't include this quote from episode 8 of Gurren-Lagann:

Throw away your logic and kick reason to the curb!
    Beautifully following the golden road!
    If there's a wall, we knock it down!
    It's a road built with these hands!
    The Magma of the Heart's Final Ignition!
    Perfect Unification!
    Gurren-Lagann!
    Who do you-
    All of you!
    Think we are?!
    -Simon and Kamina
  • organisms says: hey sonic whats up
    organisms says: can i randomly rant to you about how awesome my hair feels
    organisms says: because i love my hair

Sonic says:um.
    Sonic says: sure?

organisms says: :)
    organisms says:dreads are all like wtf
    organisms says:you can just feel them forming
    organisms says:from day to day
    organisms says:kinda

Sonic says:you know...
    Sonic says:sometimes you worry me.

organisms says:haha
    organisms says:i'm not on drugs lol

Sonic says:thats what worries me
  • edited September 2008
    "Everyone makes mistakes. That's obvious. But you know what... when they make mistakes, it's okay for someone to punch them. There's no reason to punish oneself!"

"Madness is like gravity, all it needs is a little... push."

"I've never done a crazy thing in my life until that night. Why is it, if a man kills another man in battle, it's called heroic yet if he kills a man in a heat of passion it's called murder?"
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • AnA MIzuKI says:
    Cuchu: *snerk* heh, well, I and my friend first beat him up badly enough to tie him up a wall, and then we had this Wyrm possessed plant my friend got from somewhere, and we stuck it up his ass... Well, it grew very fast and soon it came out from his mouth, he died due bloodloss
    Maljamörsky says:
    Emanuel: ...Sum plant, did it have thorns?
    AnA MIzuKI says:
    Cuchu: of course it did
    Maljamörsky says:
    Emanuel: Oh, then I SALUTE ya! Good job there!
    AnA MIzuKI says:
    Cuchu: really?
    Maljamörsky says:
    Emanuel: Yah, no offense or anythin', I know he was a bastard to ya 'n all, but I think I like this whole story *snerks*
  • "Don't ever frown, because you never know who is falling inlove with your smile." -Unknown to me

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute and it feels like an hour. Sit withy a pretty girl for an hour and it feels like a minute. That's relativity." -Albert Einstein

"Everyone is entitled to his own oppinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel P. Moynihan

"Could you immagion how horrible things would be if we always told others how we felt? Life would be intolerably bearable." -Randy K. Milholland
  • " Men's wretchedness in soothe I so deplore,
    Not even I would plague the sorry creatures more. "

" Methinks, by most, 'twill be confess'd
    That Death is never quite a welcome guest. "

" Words are mere sound and smoke, dimming the heavenly light."

"I am the Spirit that denies."
  • JayJay
    edited September 2008
    What is this, no Trigun!?

"This is all I can do. If I... If I shot him now he really would die... It would be wrong to shoot him right!" -Vash

(episode 12, Vash speaking with Monev the Gale pined to the ground with a gun to his head)

"People have many different ways of thinking. Even if a mistake is made as long as a person realizes their mistake it's possible to make it right again, and if you keep your vision clear you will see the future. This is what one must realize... Right Rem." -Vash

And the quote that sums the ideology behind the show

"That was the easiest way to stop him. You wanted to save the butterfly right." – kid Knives
    "I didn't want to kill the spider. I wanted to save them both!" -kid Vash
    "What are you talking about. Unless the spider caught the butterfly it would die of starvation anyway. You can't save both don't you know that." -kid Knives
    "It's not right to make that choice so easily. Both matures Knives so you should-" -Rem
    "But I'm not wrong about this Rem. If you just keep saving the butterflies the spiders will die." -kid Knives
    "Yes but-" -Rem
    "Wanting to save both is just a naive contradiction, and what would you have rather had us do just stand and think about it. In the meantime while we do that the spider eats the butterfly." -kid Knives
    (Vash tackles Kives.)
    "Whats wrong with you Knives! Don't you understand I wanted to save both of them you idiot!" -kid Vash.

Finally, though Gurren Lagann was already quoted. Still need this one said.

"Listen up, Simon. Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the me that believes in you. Not in the you that believes in me. Believe in the you that believes in yourself!”
    -Kamina
    Post edited by Jay on