This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Series One T-Shirts (Official Thread)

Comments

• The slogan? Get the hell off my internets! (the word "hell" replaced with the russian translation.)
    Thanks for putting the obscenity in another language. Now I can wear it to school!
  • Whatever. I'd be more upset about their CEO being a creepy bastard.
    He is a sunnuvabitch all right. Just like my battle with the health food store (I want to support their non-animal tested cosmetics and natural, locally grown food but not their Randi homeopathy crap) my feelings about American apparel are complex. I like the American made, simple clothing, hate the advertising and loathe that perv that runs the whole shebang. I want to support the company without supporting him.
    I saw a tv show where he was photographing models, pretty weird shit. He was asking them to pretend like their fathers beat them when posing.
  • The slogan? Get the hell off my internets! (the word "hell" replaced with the russian translation.)
    Thanks for putting the obscenity in another language. Now I can wear it to school!
    "Hell" is obscenity?
  • Depending on the context, it could be considered one.
  • Depending on the context, it could be considered one.
    If you're name is Ned Flanders and the year is 1953.
    "Hell" is obscenity?
    At my school, they'd probably make me turn my shirt inside out.
  • Then come into school with it inside out and the teachers will make you turn it right side out to see what it is.
  • edited April 2008
    A kid who is in about four of my classes wore a t-shirt featuring a silhouette of two elk having doggy-style sex today. Only one of the teachers even acknowledged it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • There just isn't enough demand for those compared to normal S, M, L, and XML shirts for it to be economically feasible to have them pre-printed.
    When I first saw that, I thought "Cool! I would totally love an XML shirt. Then I could have a custom, yet standardized t-shirt where I could create my own elements." Then I realized what a dork I really was. I vote NO on the baby doll t-shirts because I've never worn any of the ones my friends have bought for me. However, it would be nice if the sleeves were not so large or long that I look like I have flapping wings.
  • Stalin mario sounds unsound but cool

the problem I have with shirts is when they're only text because they sometimes seem presumptuous or trying too hard to be funny. I cannot think of one occasion where I laughed at a text t-shirt

I think something along the lines of 'GeekNights est. 2005' as the only reasonable text to be put on the shirt.

Has anyone played off the fact that it almost says Geek Knights?
  • Has anyone played off the fact that it almost says Geek Knights?
    Many times.
  • I take back my comment about the only reasonable text being GeekNights Est. 2005 or whenever because of the fact that there will be a picture present. After hearing the way Rym described the picture will accompany the text, it'll be just fine.
  • So, when's that T-shirt coming, I have cash pretty much taped under the desk ready for one. I just hope you guys can mail them.
  • So, when's that T-shirt coming, I have cash pretty much taped under the desk ready for one. I just hope you guys can mail them.
    We'll be selling them at conventions this month. Afterwards, we will sell them online.
  • I must ask, would there be a way for International listeners to buy the T-shirts online without messing around with forigen currency?
  • I must ask, would there be a way for International listeners to buy the T-shirts online without messing around with forigen currency?
    We'll find out.
  • I want a Geeknights shirt so bad.
  • For me it would be like this: if the total cost of a shirt, with shipping, is at most 35 dollars, I'll get it. Here is the catch, I live in Brazil, so shipping tends to get quite expensive. Maybe you guys can set up pay-pal or something like that, then I could buy it no problem, and probably a bunch of other people.
  • Hell, I'll probably buy it even if it costs more. That short is awesome.
  • I would like a really soft T-shirt, and the tag really doesn't matter unless it is obtrusive. A lot of the tags on my T-shirts don't annoy me but some do.
  • I was wondering if there have been any updates regarding being able to purchase the GN shirts.
  • I am a member of the Seekers of Truth and Penitence. Might I be able to find one of your t-shirts in fuligin?
  • I don't care what it is, I would like the T-shirt that we have been promised for the last 3 years.
  • I am a member of the Seekers of Truth and Penitence. Might I be able to find one of your t-shirts in fuligin?
    Bear my children, please.
  • Are we able to purchase them online yet?
    You haven't been around here long, have you...
    Bear my children, please.
    Sadly, our order has no women. Draw your conclusions.
  • I reeeeallly want a t-shirt. Are you bringing more to the next Seattle PAX?
    You haven't been around here long, have you...
    Nope. I just started on the forums.
    And here I was thinking I was the only one who'd read those books. (Well, I'm reading the second now.)