This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Finally Media Blaster is releasing "Phoenix"

edited August 2007 in Anime
Look at the youtubes :P

This is something I am definately buying, and it is 20$ on the rightstuff on pre-order. The animation is beautifull :P

Comments

• The buying.
  • 5 episodes for $20 = Good deal! Especially for anime as high quality as this.
  • edited October 2007
    Ok, I got mine last Friday through the mail. Has anyone got it yet? I guess if you pre-ordered you got with two weeks in advance.
    Here is my review of the packaging. I would review the anime but what else it is to sya but "AWESOME" :P
    I the DVD is beautiful. However there are some weird things about it. One of them is the packaging, it is similar to the Tekkaman Blade dvds, but there is only on and it is on the left side, for some reason I think Media Blaster was thinking on releasing all three volumes at once or they just mess up the printing or they decide to go all experimental on the dvd and went that way, I am not complaining since on the right side you can see a nice picture of the Phoenix flying towards the infinite.

Now, there is one little thing that annoys me and might annoy some people and that is that there are no episode selection but a chapter selection menu and within that menu you can go to the next episode. I guess it is not much of a problem for me. Because the animation is so beautiful that you can treat the whole dvd as a full length movie and not have to stop it at all.

Also I am confirming an old theory of mine that I had for some years and that is that "If first voice acting that you hear is good that will be the voices that you will prefer". I say that because I just couldn't wait to watch them so I bought them from iTunes, and of course they were in english but the voices of Saruta, Lady Himiko, the Phoenix herself, etc were the voices that I heard back when I was reading the manga. Not to say that the  Japanese seiyus did a bad job but they did it differently. Also the narrating voice at the beginning of each chapter rocks. The music by the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra is pretty awesome and I couldn't ask for more.

As for extras we get the text less opening and ending ending, but I have hope that since each dvd comes with 5 episode I hope that the last one comes full with some good stuff.

As a side one, when I went to check the trailers I a trailer of The Kimba Movie from 1988 (which was awesome and I hope it is also sell on iTunes) and a Giant Robo OAVs trailer for the 6 and 7 episodes, there were not background voice and maybe I am wrong on this but it looks like the video for that trailer was re-mastered because it looked very crisp and beautiful (but then again, all Giant Robo was beautifully animated). Again, I must be wrong since I watched on a portable dvd player but check them out for yourselves, maybe we might be getting a Giant Robo OAVs in HD which would be awesome and maybe it would go all Firefly after that. Well, a guy can dream right?.
    EDIT: It is confirm " Emperor of the Jungle Leo" is avilable in iTunes :D
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • So it looks like the second DVD will be coming out on December 04 :D .
    I went to best buy and they have it for 14 dollars with 1.95 of shipping for pre order. I guess I am gonna be getting two copies. One for me and another one to lent to people cuz this series is just that good :D
  • I saw these dvds at Best Buy for $15 a pop. I assume this is a good deal? I have yet to read the manga, so I figure buying it would probably be worth it.
  • I saw these dvds at Best Buy for $15 a pop. I assume this is a good deal? I have yet to read the manga, so I figure buying it would probably be worth it.
    It's an ok deal, actually better than Amazon. Personally, I would wait for a boxed set.
  • It's an ok deal, actually better than Amazon. Personally, I would wait for a boxed set.
    Will there be a boxed set release though? Did the dvds sell well enough to warrant a boxed set release?
  • It's an ok deal, actually better than Amazon. Personally, I would wait for a boxed set.
    Will there be a boxed set release though? Did the dvds sell well enough to warrant a boxed set release?
    What anime hasn't eventually come out in a boxed set?
  • Will there be a boxed set release though? Did the dvds sell well enough to warrant a boxed set release?
    What anime hasn't eventually come out in a boxed set?
    I won't argue too much with you there, however there are some anime out there that haven't and probably won't be released in boxed set. However, I'm guessing if and when Phoenix does get released in a boxed set version, how much would it go for? My guess is around $40, which is only $5 less then buying the 3 dvds for $15 a pop, which I can get now versus waiting. ^_~
  • I won't argue too much with you there, however there are some anime out there that haven't and probably won't be released in boxed set. However, I'm guessing if and when Phoenix does get released in a boxed set version, how much would it go for? My guess is around $40, which is only $5 less then buying the 3 dvds for $15 a pop, which I can get now versus waiting. ^_~
    I didn't know it was only 3 discs. Go for it.
  • edited February 2008
    The buying.
    But didn't you buy it already?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • The buying.
    But didn't you buy it already?
    Ah, no.
  • edited February 2008
    It would of already been bought with my thuder crack support the industry fist but I got burned on GaoGaiGar so MB can go suck it.

Maybe they should go release some more Voltron or something...
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • Oh, man I am finally finishing re watching the Future chapter. It still gives me goose bumps.