This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

noScript problems

edited April 2006 in Technology
It all started me not being able to do a search on yahoo.com. I don't usually search on yahoo (always google for me) so I don't know how long this problem existed. Whenever I did a search it would lead to an error 400 page.

Here's the link.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/zz?p=kittens&sm=Yahoo%21+Search&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8)ab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

It still didn't after doing the following:
-updated virus scanner, scanned the whole computer
-updated ad-aware, scanned the whole computer
-uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of firefox
-checked yahoo on IE and it works
-restarted the computer

I talked to Rym about it after going down the list with him. He said to uninstall all of my extensions for firefox. Yahoo worked after that. I updated and reinstalled noScript and the problem came back.

What do you guys think the problem with my computer is/was?

*edit* I reinstalled noScript again, went into the options and removed yahoo.com and alkamai.com from the whitelist sites. Now yahoo works again....I don't know whats going on.*edit*

Comments

• Something is either wrong with your computer/browser or there was an error when posting that because.... well you repeat yourself in a very odd way. Did you press "Add your comments" twice or something?

And I'm not sure what problem you are describing with that link. I opened that link in IE and it didn't work, of course firefox and opera had the same problem. Did that link get messed or was it messed to begin with? Fix the post, please.
  • I just went to the Yahoo front page (for the first time in years), and got damn, that's ugly. I may just have to go to the Yahoo offices and take some acid to understand that shit. Whoever thought cramming a thousand links on one page was a good idea needs a reality check.
  • My apologies. I pushed paste twice by mistake. It should be fixed now.