This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

DS Troubles: Sleep Mode.... Seizure Mode

So my fucked up DS is getting even more fucked up. I have done nothing to it, at all, since I took it apart the first time. The newest trouble is when I close the screen to put it in sleep mode (or to reset my low contrast touch screen) the screens flash on and off, from sleep mode to normal mode. You know that sound when you turn the DS off? Well that goes on again and again and again many times a second. FFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccckkk.

Can't wait to get my DS Lite... and crack *that* open.

Comments

• No sympathy here, buddy. Once you open the case, any problems you have with it are your concern.

My advice: buy two Lites, one for games, and one to pull apart.
  • edited April 2006
    Why did you pull apart your ds?
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • I was curious! =(

I took apart my PS2 and XBOX and they still work fine, although I never got the case of the XBOX locked back into place. I took my GBA SP apart and put it back together. It was a very annoying process with the SP, I was so close to finishing many times and realized I forgot a piece. I tried taking my PSP apart but once you get the faceplate off.... theres no more screws. I like taking things apart to see what's going on inside. Oh yeah I also tried to get my GBA SP to fit inside of a TI-83 calculator. I got soooo cloooose. If only it was a few milimeters wider It would have fit.

As for buying 2 Lites.... No need. I already took apart the original DS. I'm not gonna give up another 200 just to tinker with a generally same item.
  • Welp, just bought myself the DS-Lite off Lik-Sang. No more worries, well a few obviously, but not the same ones.