This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX

edited August 2007 in Conventions
Just wanted to start a thread to see if anyone else here will be attending the Penny-Arcade Expo this year. It will be held between August 24-26, so I'll be flying out to Seattle Thursday night to catch the first third of events.

If it is the case that other members will also be attending, perhaps we should meet at least once over the course of the weekend.

Comments

• ME! Even though I live 20 minutes south of Seattle, my friends and I are renting a room at Days Inn. I'll be there Friday - Sunday. I was thinking about starting a thread about this, but you beat me to it. I wouldn't mind a meeting and hanging out. ^_^

I would write more about my excitement, but alas, I should attempt to work today.
  • I should attempt to work today.
    BLASPHEMER! It's Friday . . . you can't work on Fridays.
  • I should attempt to work today.
    BLASPHEMER! It's Friday . . . you can't work on Fridays.
    LOL. Yeah, I know. Actually I really haven't worked too much. I'm leaving early already and today is the Employee Appreciation Picnic that starts 1.5 hours before I leave. So basically I'm gonna pretend to work for 3 hours go to the picnic and leave. It's payday as well. So all-in-all a good Friday. ^_^
  • My girlfriend and I are both going. As we live in northern CA, we're going to be leaving Thursday afternoon, when I get off work, and making the 8-9 hour drive up to Seattle. We'd be happy to meet up with some of y'all up there.
  • PAX? Isn't that some Christian broadcasting company?
  • PAX? Isn't that some Christian broadcasting company?
    Unfortunately, yes. It is also known as a Christian broadcasting channel, but all the coolsville people know that the real PAX is the gaming convention of awesome. ^_^
  • I made a drastic mistake in starting this thread. It should have been:

"The OFFICIAL Penny-Arcade Convention, Seattle Washington, August 2007"

Sigh, live and learn..
  • PAX was awesome.

That is all.
  • PAX was awesome.

That is all.
    /agree

I really wish I had more time to do stuff there. That damn exhibition hall took pretty much my whole convention time.
  • As Mitchy D pointed out to me in another thread, PAX 08 dates were announced for 08/29/08-08/31/08. Even though hotels were not announced yet with the special rates, I already reserved my room at the Days Inn. I'm pretty sure they'll have a special discounted rate for PAX, if not it's still cheaper than the other hotels near the convention center.

Woot! I look forward to see any of you GN forum goers and of course hopefully Scrym, since they said they are going no matter what and any of the rest of the FRC. ^_^