This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Desert Punk

edited April 2006 in Anime
Okay, so the first episode came with my Newtype DVD this week. I gotta say, it has my interest. The show descriptions are all over the net, so I won't go into detail, but it has a Trigun meets Lupin III feel, with a dash of Combustable Campus Guardess. The opening is pretty cool too, and I can only describe it as 'live action anime'. It's worth watching, despite the somewhat gratuitous boobage (although it is very a la Fujiko).

I'll say this as well, the dub is out freakin' standing. The translators/scriptwriters for the English version did a bang up job. I suggest checking it out.

Comments

• Oooh. This looks somewhat promising.

Heh.. We really need a break from all the crap anime we've been reviewing lately ^_~
  • I just saw a web banner for it. Conspiracy desu!
  • Just a word...Kate hated it. -_-0 I can see why, but with the asshole attitudes of most of the characters, I think it's right up Scrym's ally.
  • I am the god of reviving dead threads!!!!!!!!!!!

To quote Fast Karate:
    Najica?!?!
    Najica?!?!
    Desert Punk?!?!
  • I've recently seen a few episodes of this show and so far it's been pretty good
  • Troll more subtly.
  • Wow, it is a troll. At first I thought it was too lame to be trolling, but this... this is just ridiculous.
  • I just saw a web banner for it. Conspiracy desu!
    I suppose a coordinated advertising campaign counts as a conspiracy.