This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Any guitar players in this forum?

edited August 2007 in Everything Else
I been playing guitar since I was 8 (14 years) and I own many guitars.

LTD M-1000.
1973 fender strat'.
Angelica acoustic, (A Spanish acoustic guitar which has been in my family since my grandmother bought it in Spain.)
FM-418
Carvin DC 12

Edit: I got a new guitar and sold my Draco.

You can say I'm a guitar lover.

Comments

• Oh, wow. I just started playing guitar. I've got a little Takamine acoustic, but I sometimes borrow my friend's old Martin. It sounds beautiful, even when I play it.
  • I don't play, but I'm going to start as soon as I have the money. I'm going to get a Squire Strat
  • I play. Here is a list of the songs I know.
  • I played Guitar back when I was in 5th grade. I played an old crappy acoustic guitar my grandparents had lying around. I gave it up in 6th grade because I joined the school band to play clarinet instead. I stopped doing that in 9th grade, and I concentrated fully on my instrument of choice,th e 104-key keyboard. I kind of wish I hadn't quit playing the guitar back in the day because I'd totally be rocking out right now. I've thought about trying to re-learn the guitar. I could totally just go out and buy a guitar and then start taking lessons from teh Internets. I guess I just don't have the confidence that I will actually practice often. I worry I'll just spend a bunch of money and leave it lying there. Guitar Hero might be the only thing in my future.
  • I play... poorly. I haven't picked mine up in months, but I have about a 30-year-old Dixon acoustic (Hummingbird rip-off) and a Fender Strat.
  • I've been playing for 3 years now, but tont really have money for gear. Right now I have:

Biscayne (don't even know the model, I bought it from a friend for $20, 2 single coils and 1 humbucker)
    Yamaha RGX 220DZ (Dual humbucker, Floyd Rose bridge)
    Acoustic guitar (made here in Costa Rica, from 1960)
    Zoom 606 multi effect pedal
    Johnson 10Watt standard amp
  • Heh, I was thinking about starting a similar thread of bass =P
  • edited August 2007
    Heh, I was thinking about starting a similar thread of bass =P

I play bass. . . . I'd post in that thread. :)  To meld geek with guitar . . . Anyone who likes guitar should watch this anime (wiki).

Watch the sentence fragments, and drop the ". . ." you keep using.

Edit: Whine a little more for me and I may start to care. My use of the ellipsis is wholly accurate. I recommend starting a thread to discuss this usage or to create specific grammatical rules banning it if it bothers you. May I also recommend removing additional returns from your edits?
    Post edited by cosmicenema on
  • Anyone who likes guitar should watchthis anime (wiki).
    Anyone who likes music should watch or read Beck.
  • Anyone who likes guitar should watchthis anime (wiki).
    Anyone who is human should watch and read Beck.
    Sorry, you spelled it wrong.

Also, the musician named Beck has nothing to do with this anime. He's a crazy batshit Scientologist, but some of his music is ok.
  • crazy batshit Scientologist
    Oh, the redundancy!
  • I started on a Takamini back in 85'. I purchased an Ibanez in 87'. I was decently good but then I suffered some frost bite and never damage in my hands while in the army. I can't play much anymore.
  • I was decently good but then I suffered some frost bite and never damage in my hands while in the army. I can't play much anymore.
    Tragedy! Can you at least play Guitar Hero?
  • I was decently good but then I suffered some frost bite and never damage in my hands while in the army. I can't play much anymore.
    Tragedy! Can you at least play Guitar Hero?
    I have never played Guitar Hero though I may this weekend. i'll be going a "501st" party this weekend and my friend assures me that they always have a big guitar hero system set up.
  • edited August 2007
    Edit: Whine a little more for me and I may start to care. My use of theellipsisis wholly accurate. I recommend starting a thread to discuss this usage or to create specific grammatical rules banning it if it bothers you. May I also recommend removing additional returns from your edits?
    While your use may be technically correct, it is not proper style and personally shows lack of depth in writing skill. The ellipsis should be limited in usage to denote missing text or on rare occasions to utilize Aposiopesis
    I play bass...I'd post in that thread
    This sentence neither leaves any part of the sentence unexpressed in any obvious way nor shows an abrupt pause; therefore it is not a proper use of Aposiopesis.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited August 2007
    OH SHIT! I for got list my APES!

Amps: Mesa/Boogie triple rectifier cab.
    Picks: Jim Dunlop Jazz IV (they have done wonders to my playing.)
    Effects: too much to list them all. @_@
    Strings: guitar research 13 gauge.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I also play guitar and have a real small amp (micro cube from Roland) and a custom Ibanez guitar. I'm thinking about buying a Gibson soon.
  • I can kinda play, but I mainly play piano.

Perfect opportunity to plug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXe0QOmpSjk
  • I've been playing for about 10-12 years for fun. Unfortunately, it taught me to play piano like I play guitar. :) Chord, chord, occasional melody, chord.
  • I also play guitar and have a real small amp (micro cube from Roland) and a custom Ibanez guitar. I'm thinking about buying a Gibson soon.
    What do you play?

I can help you chose a guitar.
  • I've been playing for about 10-12 years for fun. Unfortunately, it taught me to play piano like I play guitar. :) Chord, chord, occasional melody, chord.
    I'm pretty much the other way around.

Medley,medly,squealy! Medly,Medly, CHUGGACHUGGGACHUGCHUG!

Sorry, the strongbad in me took over.
  • Helping me choosing a guitar would be great! I'll just list some bands I cover so that you get the idea: Oasis, Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, RHCP, ACDC and Led Zepplin. So really just a wide range of Rock/ Brit Pop.
  • Edit: Whine a little more for me and I may start to care. My use of theellipsisis wholly accurate. I recommend starting a thread to discuss this usage or to create specific grammatical rules banning it if it bothers you. May I also recommend removing additional returns from your edits?
    While your use may be technically correct, it is not proper style and personally shows lack of depth in writing skill. The ellipsis should be limited in usage to denote missing text or on rare occasions to utilize AposiopesisI play bass...I'd post in that thread
    This sentence neither leaves any part of the sentence unexpressed in any obvious way nor shows an abrupt pause; therefore it is not a proper use of Aposiopesis.There's no need to throw around the name calling kid. If I'm not trying to make a formal argument, technically correct conversational grammar should be acceptable. The part of the sentence that was missing from your example was the part where I elucidate any fact at all about my bass playing; it would be in a different thread.

The only direction or documentation from the forum on this matter is "Correct Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling Will be Enforced" and my uses of the ellipsis did not break any of these rules. If you have a problem with conversational "technically correct" grammar, then please feel free to start a thread to clarify the rules. Until then, you'll need to continue to correct my "lack of depth in writing skill".
  • If you have a problem with conversational "technically correct" grammar, then please feel free to start a thread to clarify the rules. Until then, you'll need to continue to correct my "lack of depth in writing skill".
    I didn't make the edits so don't bitch to me.
  • If you have a problem with conversational "technically correct" grammar, then please feel free to start a thread to clarify the rules. Until then, you'll need to continue to correct my "lack of depth in writing skill".
    I didn't make the edits so don't bitch to me.
    I know who made the edits . . . you're the one that started name calling and argued a rebuttal. Let's just assume I used 'you' plural to refer to all of the moderators.
  • edited August 2007
    I know who made the edits . . . you're the one that started name calling and argued a rebuttal. Let's just assume I used 'you' plural to refer to all of the moderators.
    What name calling? I can't find any. Also, you were the one that started being belligerent with your whole "Whine a little more..." bullshit.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Mr. Period and I also agree that your use of the ellipses is bad. It's a punctuation symbol that is both overused and misused on teh Internets. For purposes of aposiopesis as opposed to omission, it is often subjective as to whether or not an ellipsis is proper. For purposes of this forum, you may assume that an ellipsis is always improper if a period or comma will suffice.

End of story. Return to topic.
  • For purposes of this forum, you may assume that an ellipsis is always improper if a period or comma will suffice.
    Thank you for clarifying the rules.
  • I will make it back on topic!

I cannot play the real guitar for crap, but I am pretty good at Guitar Hero.
  • Helping me choosing a guitar would be great! I'll just list some bands I cover so that you get the idea: Oasis, Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, RHCP, ACDC and Led Zepplin. So really just a wide range of Rock/ Brit Pop.
    Les Paul all the way, try either getting a BFG, a studio or a menace (BFG has a rawer sound than a menace, the studio is between those two with a bit of an old standard feel to it.), or the billy Joe Armstrong signature, but I can't say much about Les Paul JRs.

I own a Les Paul Gothic, mostly because of the paint job and the dark ominous sound it gives with my gear.

Too bad you can't get those anymore.