This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Classic Comedians

edited August 2007 in Flamewars
Who do you like better/think is funnier/think is geekier:

The Three Stooges
Charlie Chaplin
Buster Crabbe
Harold Lloyd
The Marx Brothers
Fatty Arbuckle
Abbot & Costello
Laurel & Hardy
The Little Rascals

Comments

• The Three Stooges all the way, baby!

Nothin' quite like the classics.
  • The Marx Brothers.

Duck Soup FTW!
  • Marx Bros. A Night at the Opera is the best one, Duck Soup is only second place.
  • edited August 2007
    I believe Harold Lloyd is the geekiest, the Three Stooges are the funniest, and Charlie Chaplin the most likely to be remembered for the pure art of his films. All in all, I think I like the Marx Brothers the best.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • The tree stooges!! I still watch them when they're on Spike. I'm also finding that shemp is really good! People say they don't like him mainly because curly is more popular. Curly's physical antics are unmatched. However, Shemp's dialogue and wimpy characteristics are hilarious. Demonstration:

Moe does something to hurt Shemp.
    Shemp turns around, "I ought 'ta..."
    Moe: "You ought 'ta what?!?"
    Shemp: (Sheepishly)"I ought 'ta be a little more careful."
  • the Three Stooges are the funniest, and Charlie Chaplin the most likely to be remembered for the pure art of his films. All in all, I think I like the Marx Brothers the best.

This. 
    Three Stooges are hilarious; Charlie Chaplin is a genius; Marx Brothers are all-around great.
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2008
    Abbot and Costello are fuckin' hilarious. The Three Stooges can never be surpassed in humor. Charlie Chaplin's movies are masterpieces.

It is a dead tie with Abbot and Costello and the Three Stooges. I really can't decide who is funnier. When Costello whines and says "Abbot" just makes me ROTFLOL every single time. What's not to like about the Stooges, I defy anyone who says that the Stooges suck. While Charlie Chaplin's movies aren't slapstick, they still are funny for the things that happen to him.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • You know a few years back some Motion Picture organization did the top 100 comedy films (it was a NBC miniseries) and number one was Some like it Hot, a classic in its own right and still makes me laugh to this day. However I have to go with Abbot and Costello as the funniest from the list.