This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fashion Bans

edited August 2007 in Everything Else
People in Atlanta are considering whether to ban baggy pants.

What fashion would you ban if you had the power? I'd ban flip flops for guys. I'd allow them at pools and on the beach, but any guy in my city that wore flip flops in the downtown area would face a hefty fine. I hate it when guys wear flip flops.

Comments

• edited August 2007
    If I could make a fashion law it would be that fat disgusting people have to wear formal attire at all times while in public. Formal clothing is designed the way it is because it makes everyone look good, or at least a lot better than they do normally. Thus, it would be much easier to look at people, if all the disgusting people were wearing formal attire. Also, if we force these people to buy tuxes and dresses, they might have less money to spend on food.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • If I could make a fashion law it would be that fat disgusting people have to wear formal attire at all times while in public.
    So now we have a bunch of fat sweaty people in tuxes? This doesn't sound too appealing to me I guess.

I might outlaw mullets.
  • I would make a law that would prohibit really fat women ( I mean really super fat) to wear really tight clothes and skimpy clothes in the streets at least during the day.
  • I would make a law that would prohibit really fat women ( I mean really super fat) to wear really tight clothes and skimpy clothes in the streets at least during the day.

Does it have to be sexist? Why not just really fat people?
  • Scott would head up the Fashion SS.
    What would be their uniform?
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nihilist Fashion!

Ok: My new law is underwear only. It's really the only fair way.
  • Does it have to be sexist? Why not just really fatpeople?
    Probably because most guys who are fat don't where tight clothes. I would agree that girls who are overweight should not wear tight clothes or any girl for that matter should wear clothes that are revealing in a not-so-sexy way.

I would ban when guys where pants so low, it's basically beneath their ass. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. I think it is just plain retarded when guys wear pants like that. I just don't understand how they can walk comfortably like that.
    Does it have to be sexist? Why not just really fatpeople?

I do not see many guys wearing tight or skimpy clothes.

Does it have to be sexist? Why not just really fat people?
    I do not see many guys wearing tight or skimpy clothes.
    Then there's no reason to make the phrasing sexist. Just saying.
  • I'd ban backwards or sideways caps, flat brims on caps, and cell-phone belt clips.
  • I wouldn't ban anything, and I would repeal all "decency" laws based on puritanical Christian ethics. Run around nude if you want.
    Even though I don't agree with the politics of facists, I find that they usually have great fashion sense.
  • edited August 2007
    I remember back when I was in Peru by classmates always tried to modify their uniforms, it was rather interesting to see the kind of things they came out with. I personally really liked to wear uniforms back in high school, it was not complicated just a white shirt with a black pant and it it is cold we wore a blue jacket. The shirt and the jacket had to have the the school crest.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I wouldn't ban anything, and I would repeal all "decency" laws based on puritanical Christian ethics. Run around nude if you want.
    This man has my full support.
    FOUR MORE YEARS.
    FOUR MORE YEARS.
    FOUR MORE YEARS.
  • I'd just ban clothes. It'd take some getting used to but things would be simpler without them and in the winter your just going to have to deal with it.
  • I'd ban all clothing and have a mandatory fanny pack required. Everyone would be encouraged to get a tax write-off landing strip at their local hair salon/barber shop.
  • a tax write-off landing strip at their local hair salon/barber shop.
    What?

Anyway I'd ban any pants that show off your ugly fabric print boxers. I might ban the people that wear them as well. Add in plastic huge jewelry and plastic flip flops/clogs.

I wouldn't ban anything, and I would repeal all "decency" laws based on puritanical Christian ethics. Run around nude if you want.
    But what if newfound nude rule backfires due to naked bodies we rather not see. *shudders*
  • I would require more instead of fewer clothes. IMHO, we see way too much skin already.
  • a tax write-off landing strip at their local hair salon/barber shop.
    What?
    Landing strip: bald on the top with hair on the sides. I wouldn't make it a necessity, but I would offer those who had it a tax write-off.
  • I would require more instead of fewer clothes. IMHO, we see way too much skin already.
    But Joe, you were so fond of the flappers...
  • All joking aside, I'm for anything that makes things like sex, nudity, sexuality, etc. in America less taboo. Yes, even if this puts me in line behind two tubs of cottage cheese (just don't bump my DS).
  • edited August 2007
    I would require more instead of fewer clothes. IMHO, we see way too much skin already.
    But Joe, you were so fond of the flappers...
    That's fine. Notice that less skin shows than is usual today. Especially on the guy. I'm sick, sick, sick of seeing guy's hairy, knobbly knees and their hairy assed Fred Flintstone/Frodo Baggins feet.

I'm not being prudish. I like to see skin if it's healthy and well maintained. The problem is that a good 80% of people I see every day insist on showing me their disease ridden postules, and I'm tired of it.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Alluded to above, but in further detail: No fat chicks in spandex.
  • I would have 2 rules of fashion:

1. No fat people in clothing they shouldn't be wearing (fat people in spandex, etc.)

2. No attractive people shall be allowed to wear clothes.
  • Ban clothes, Enforce a limit in calories consumed by any one person based on the amount they use on average.
  • My only rule: people who show off their underwear must have pretty or cool or witty underwear. Like, that sexy chick whose really-low-rise pants shows off her granny panties every day? Yeah, she has to wear a pink thong with a jewel on it. That guy whose pants are hanging off his knees? His boxers have to have something witty .. like this one pair I saw which had a picture of gonads on the front and a hairy ass on the back and it looked real - for all of three seconds. Now that's great. No worn training bra straps to be shown. Stuff like that. If I'm gonna see your underwear, I wanna see something -good-. I don't show off my underwear cuz I know it isn't intresting, and it's kinda scary.

XD
  • I agree with the above.