This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Internet

edited August 2007 in Everything Else
I was thinking about this today, and I didn't even read the article. I was about to write something but I thought, maybe someone thought about this before.
Then again maybe The Internet is Cthulhu itself.
However, I am Roman Catholic so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

Comments

• The Internet is the only intangible power I could ever see myself worshiping.
  • The Internet is the only intangible power I could ever see myself worshiping.
    Worship? Worship?! My good sir, you do a disservice to Mankind to even consider such a thing. The Internet is still a technological artifact, a thing which Man has created with our own hands, sculpted out of nothing by secrets that we have wrenched from Nature's grasp. To worship the Internet as some ineffable force is to lose sight of what we have achieved! This is nothing short of subjecting our destiny to the will of another, abandoning the future carved out by our own hands to one predetermined by a higher force.
    And I say to you, sir, that we shall never kneel, never submit, never surrender!
  • GOOGLE FOR PRESIDENT!
  • =Skynet for President.

*shudder*
  • And D&D is worshipping the devil!
  • Worship?Worship?! My good sir, you do a disservice to Mankind to even consider such a thing. The Internet is still a technological artifact, a thing which Man has created with our own hands, sculpted out of nothing by secrets that we have wrenched from Nature's grasp. To worship the Internet as some ineffable force is to lose sight of what we have achieved! This is nothing short of subjecting our destiny to the will of another, abandoning the future carved out by our own hands to one predetermined by a higher force.
    And I say to you, sir, that we shall never kneel, never submit, never surrender!
    The Church of Google
  • Worship?Worship?! My good sir, you do a disservice to Mankind to even consider such a thing. The Internet is still a technological artifact, a thing which Man has created with our own hands, sculpted out of nothing by secrets that we have wrenched from Nature's grasp. To worship the Internet as some ineffable force is to lose sight of what we have achieved! This is nothing short of subjecting our destiny to the will of another, abandoning the future carved out by our own hands to one predetermined by a higher force.
    The Church of Google
    Now I have seen everything people are willing to worship.
  • Win. Rhino wins.