This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

$72M Pile of Crap: Contractor Tomfoolery

edited September 2007 in Politics
From Rolling Stone, The Great Iraq Swindle, an excellent article about how our contractors make sure our boys have "what they need to meet their goals."

Comments

• Defense contractors who swindle the government should be tried for treason amd hung until dead.
  • So what do you do when the executive branch and everyone associated with them not only makes it easier for people to do that, but encourages it and gives preferential treatment to companies who do just that?
  • So what do you do when the executive branch and everyone associated with them not only makes it easier for people to do that, but encourages it and gives preferential treatment to companies who do just that?
    You say, "where the hell are those Congressional oversight people?" Last time I checked Congress does all of the funding in the US government.
  • Of course. But when the congress is made up of people who are all in agreement to let the buddies of the people in the executive branch do fuck-all, like they were before the democrats took the majority, you get this sort of thing.

When the executive branch mocks congress and their commitees when they are formed, throw up roadblocks, when they say essentially that 'we are the executive branch and we can do whatever we want', what do you do?
    You say, "where the hell are those Congressional oversight people?" Last time I checked Congress does all of the funding in the US government.
    Last I saw, they were busy lining their own pockets, diverting projects to their husbands and such.
  • Defense contractors who swindle the government should be tried for treason amd hung until dead.
    Whats the point trying them then?