This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FIRST Nationals

edited April 2006 in Everything Else
Alright so I am off to the FIRST Robotics National Competition tomorrow in ATL! :) Wish Team 614 and me luck. I'll be back on sunday hopefully with many of picutres that I will put up when I get back. My only regret is that I have to go 5 days without GeekNights :( ARGH!

The sad thing is that this is probably the closest thing I am going to get to a CON this year, but at least there will be plent of geekery gong on :)

First Site

Comments

• Go robots go!
  • Let's happy robots sexy fight!
  • Aw, man. We didn't do good enough to do that. :(. But we won the Engineering Inspiration award. Twice. We get entered into Atlanta for that. So, you know, if team 178 wins anything that's me. w00t.

AIM HIGH 614!
  • I used to be in the FIRST program last year. Do you guys remember team 935 from Newton, Kansas, railerobotics? They left for nationals on wednesday and they're still there in Atlanta I think. If you guys saw them, let me know.
  • Is there any television coverage this year? I went to a regional to watch last year. I also got to meet Dean Kamen at Inventure Place.
  • Hey guys just got back I will post the pictures and stuff soon. :) I did see 935 there but they were not in our division so I don't know how well they did. I think they might be playing finals on NASA TV and they might have some video at robotics.nasa.gov. We got 30th in our division on account of some really crummy luck but what can you say. I got a picture with Woody! hahaha
  • Yeah, Woody's awesome.
  • edited May 2006
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/waterispoison

Photos can be seen here I noted one of the pictures of our robot for details of parts.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • might want to fix that link.

Also, Flickr will let you rotate the images...
  • I dont think the link is a problem with me...if it is I dont know whats wrong as for the rotate thing yeah I was going to get to that soon.
  • need to put the http:// in front of it. The link fails on both firefox and safari and needs to be copied manually.
  • I think our team (#935) got 3rd at nationals, or should I say, internationals. I guess there are 13 other countries there besides the United States. I have no idea which division they were in.

I did robotics freshman and sophomore year, but it really killed my grades and it pretty much took over my life during build season. It would have been awesome if they had made a "robotics class", then meetings would have taken less time.
  • Heck, you may have gotten 30th in your division but my team didn't make it to Atlanta at all, so you did better than us.
  • Ooops! I was wrong. My team (#935) got 22nd overall or something. I don't really care anymore, mostly because the teacher who runs it at my school is a duche.