This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• wearing a Jets colored sweatshirt and carrying a very fancy camera pointed right at the coaches. This definitely crosses the line.

I guess that falls into the putting a spy on the other team scenario you talked about. I'm sure teams videotape each other all the time, looking at patterns, trying to read lips stuff like that. I'm guessing teams change their signs every few weeks for the same exact reason.
  • NFL is boring, go college ball!
    I agree. No pay, more trick plays, more upsets and rivalries, smaller egos, bands, crowd, and atmosphere all make for a more exciting game to watch.
  • This week's rankings should be interesting when they come out, WIP.
  • ...I have nothing good to say about this week's NCAA rankings. I can't figure out how a team (GT) jumps 6 points up one week and then drops more than 10 the next. Yeah, they blew big floppy donkey dick last night, but dropping out of the polls? Fucking zebras.
  • ...I have nothing good to say about this week's NCAA rankings. I can't figure out how a team (GT) jumps 6 points up one week and then drops more than 10 the next. Yeah, they blew big floppy donkey dick last night, but dropping out of the polls? Fucking zebras.
    Let's not talk about shitty officiating either... -_____________-
  • It's okay Scott. It's not you, it's us. We crush a lot of teams. Don't feel bad.
  • Wow people seem to really dislike the eagles. I feel so alone in rooting for them
  • NFL is boring, go college ball!
    I agree. No pay, more trick plays, more upsets and rivalries, smaller egos, bands, crowd, and atmosphere all make for a more exciting game to watch.
    The NFL is getting better. Between the salary cap and tweaking the rules constantly the games get closer, thus the rivals get more intense and the games as a whole become more interesting.
  • Eagles are fine by me, it's the Cowboys I can't stand. America's Team my arse! Bunch of criminals, the lot of them.
  • Eagles are fine by me, it's the Cowboys I can't stand. America's Team my arse! Bunch of criminals, the lot of them.
    Criminals? You must have them confused for the Bengals. I do hate the Cowboys, though.
  • the Cowboys are definitely teh suck of the NFL. I don't know about recently but they did at one point employ a drug addicts, Michael Irving anyone?
  • Wow people seem to really dislike the eagles. I feel so alone in rooting for them
    You're not alone. I am adamant and vocal in my support for the Iggles.
  • They were criminals. Not so much any more. But they still suck harder than almost anything else in the known universe.

I didn't see what happened with GA Tech. Bad calls? As to the polls, it's early, so there's a lot of undefeated teams still. It's still volatile, and a loss will always drop you farther than a win bumps you up when there's as many teams as there are.
  • My alma mater won this weekend over the state rival. Sweet.
  • edited September 2007
    Here in Alabama, you fall into one of the following groups:

1. Alabama fan: You hate Auburn and the Tenn Volunteers, but you like FSU and Troy.

2. FSU fan: You hate Auburn, but you like Alabama and Troy, even though you play Troy.

3. Troy fan: You hate Auburn, but you like Alabama and FSU, even though you play FSU.

4. Auburn fan: You love Auburn, you don't understand why everyone thinks you are stupid for having two mascots, you hate everyone, and everyone hates you because you are a self-important COCK.

As for the NFL, we don't have many local pro teams, unless you count the Falcons or the Jaguars, but no one likes either of them. Me? I'm a Titans fan.

And the Cowboys? They are teh suck!
    Post edited by WallyBman on
  • Time for Fox's weekly gloat session!

Once again, Wisconsin goes undefeated. Iowa can suck it, as can San Diego. Green Bay asserted their supremacy today over one of the premier teams in the league, and continued to 3-0. That's a 7-game winning streak, going back to last season. The Badgers showed Iowa who is boss, and sit atop the big ten. Joel, what were you saying about old man Favre?
  • Favre tied Marino's record for winningest QB in NFL history! Amazing.

You know what else is amazing? The Raiders won. And who let them win? The Browns. Yes. My fucking Browns. Zastudil's FG with 3 seconds left was good -- except that Oakland called a time-out a split second before the snap. On the second attempt, the kick was blocked.
  • Man. The Pats are on a roll. 38 points in each of their last 3 games.
    Of course, if you're cynical, it's all because of the cameras.
  • Favre tied broke Marino's record for winningest touchdown-throwingest QB in NFL history!
    Badgers: 5-0, 5th place in both polls.
    Packers: 4-0, 1st in the NFC North.

The Bears finally realized that I'm a better quarterback than Grossman, for all the good it did them to bench him. And a thanks to all the ranked teams that lost, along with the unranked teams that beat them. I'm looking at you, GA Tech.
  • Wooo! Fuck Clemson.
  • You won't make it as a NY Sports fan without being a self-hating fan. Mets :(

But who just beat the Eagles? Oh, pwn! Giants suck, and you still lost.

I'll be at the Giants game next weekend. I'll be spending my Mets playoff ticket refund on some overpriced stadium foods.
  • The Giants may have beat the Eagles, but at least the Phillies won.

And the Eagles destroyed the Lions last week, I think it was last week my perception of time is awful lately.
  • Yeah, I had a 2 for 3 weekend. Georgia Tech won and the Phillies made the playoffs but then the Eagles lost to freakin NY. ugh.
  • w00t Cowboys!!! Romo is looking absolutely awesome! Big Test comes in Week 6 vs. the Pats. It all hinges on their Defense since the Pats appear to be unstoppable at the moment. If the Dallas D can keep up with New England's O then the game should be close and highly entertaining.
  • the Pats appear to be unstoppable at the moment.
    The teams they've played haven't turned out to be all that great, though. Not saying they're bad, the Pats are one of the best in the league right now. I just don't know how good they are.
  • The teams they've played haven't turned out to be all that great, though. Not saying they're bad, the Pats are one of the best in the league right now. I just don't knowhowgood they are.
    That's true...they've played 2 teams that are decent and 2 teams that suck. Pats big test is week 9 against Indy. Still, I've caught a couple of the patriots games and they are looking really good, as is the Cowboys offense. I've heard the Pack is looking amazing too, but I'm an avid Packer hater. Though I do have to admire Favre's amazingness as a QB.
  • That's true...they've played 2 teams that are decent and 2 teams that suck. Pats big test is week 9 against Indy. Still, I've caught a couple of the patriots games and they are looking really good, as is the Cowboys offense. I've heard the Pack is looking amazing too, but I'm an avid Packer hater. Though I do have to admire Favre's amazingness as a QB.
    So are you a Vikings or Bears fan?
  • So are you a Vikings or Bears fan?
    Uh...I"m a Cowboys fan, but having lived near Chicago for most of my life I do root for the Bears as well. Doesn't really matter though, I"m a fan of whoever is playing the Packers, except the 49'ers...in a case where the Packers play the 49'ers I hope for a tie...or perhaps something more sinister.
  • Since I didn't want to hijack the Random Comments thread again by responding lengthily to one of Scott's twitter posts, I'm reviving this one.

Scott, why do you care how the Jets are doing? You are a Giants fan. Also, the Jets are a complete pretender team. They have a good record only because they've constantly been playing bottom of the barrel teams. Almost all their wins come against teams that will finish the season with a losing record. This includes the Bills (3-12), Broncos (3-11), Lions (5-10), Bengals (4-11), Browns (5-9), Vikings (5-9) and Texans (5-9).

Also, Philly-Viks game postponed. I guess this gives me the opportunity to watch two games with only getting up once in the middle of the night.
  • Scott, why do you care how the Jets are doing? You are a Giants fan.
    Because I hate the Jets.

Most other people don't have this situation because they live in one-team towns. In New York, there are multiple teams in every sport. People tend to root for one team and against one or more other teams. For example, even if the Giants get eliminated right now, I will still boo the fuck out of Philly, Dallas, and the Jets. Even when Mets suck (always), I will boo the Yankees, Phillies, and Braves so hard. Yay Rangers, boo Islanders, Devils, and Flyers. Basketball, who cares?