This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• I'd like to meet that crazy drug dealer. I feel like we'd get along.
    Yeah you would, because he just scopolamine'd you, and now you're Burt Reynolds and Goldie Hawn.
  • Churba I love how you occasionally run the fact check train on things like this. Don't ever stop.
  • Chris Hadfield, an astronaut on the ISS, posted on Google+.

From space.

Dude.
  • He's been posting on Reddit a bunch of times since he's gone up. Even recorded a song on his acoustic guitar and uploaded it to Soundcloud.
  • I had no idea. Shit's cool.
  • edited January 2013
    Astronauts have been tweeting from the ISS/Shuttles for a few years now. Not denying that it's cool (and Hadfield is a cool dude!), but Hadfield is far from the first to do what he's doing.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Incredibly serene piano/vocal cover of Thriller by Michael Jackson.

• NFL Punter Chris Kluwe writes in to Tales from the Trenches.
  • NFL Punter Chris Kluwe writes in to Tales from the Trenches.
    I love that, twas very clever.

• I'm not sure what this is, but it's fun and pretty:

http://iacopoapps.appspot.com/hopalongwebgl/
  • Went and saw Les Mis over the weekend. Amazing. If any of you need convincing, I believe this might help.

Her voice is incredible.
  • edited January 2013
    I transcribed an interview for one of the Polygon writers a few weeks ago, and then today a got a package from him containing beer.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • Kiey, I'm super jelly of you for having the opportunity to work with Vox. Those guys are the best.
  • Went and saw Les Mis over the weekend. Amazing. If any of you need convincing, I believe this might help.

Her voice is incredible.
    No, it really doesn't.
  • edited January 2013
    No, it really doesn't.
    Quiet, you.

Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • It helped me. Doggamn she's purdy.
  • edited January 2013
    Also check this out. She really does have an incredible voice and plays Eponine quite well.

Nothing will touch Anne Hathaway's moments in that movie, but damn. Eponine's portrayal was surprisingly amazing. It took me completely by surprise, unlike Cosette's. I've heard songbirds warble less.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • Kiey, I'm super jelly of you for having the opportunity to work with Vox. Those guys are the best.
    They are pretty awesome. I'm still constantly amazed I get to work with them.
    They are pretty awesome. I'm still constantly amazed I get to work with them.
    I know you're not a spokesman for them or whatever (you totally don't have to answer this if you don't know/aren't allowed), but is Polygon planning on more video reviews? Not that I have anything against reading, obviously, but video games are an inherently visual medium, and it's way easier to get a feel for whether you like a game if you have a video review that can show examples of what the reviewer is talking about. It would probably help Polygon even more than it helps The Verge.
    The Ninterudo Empire and the Segua Kingdom have been locked in a war for supremacy over the land of Consume for many years. The powerful Ninterudo Empire under the leadership of Marcus, with many excellent killers possessing various special abilities, has gained the upper hand in the struggle, occupying the majority of Consume as well as the surrounding nations. The Segua Kingdom has been left with no plausible option but to fight defensively... until the arrival of Gear drastically turns the tides.
  • edited January 2013
    What. That can't be a real thing...
    EDIT: What the fuck? It is? Well, this bears some looking into.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited January 2013
    Two episodes are up on Crunchyroll right now. I haven't watched them, solely because I lake the required amount of alcohol to enjoy this yet.

EDIT: Ah man, that blue haried dude is Sonic (wasn't sure since his name is Gear)

Relevant Wikipedia page is relevant..
    Post edited by Banta on
    And said device has more computing power than all the Apollo missions combined.
  • Man, imagine if the Netherlands was Japan's archipelago. It wouldn't be one for long!
  • Apples working on a $100 iPhone so maybe Android will go away now 8-)
    Unless they can cram in what they have already and add something to that, I don't see it being an android killer.
  • It's a budget phone meant to compete within Android's developing global markets, where lowest price is the biggest selling point. It'll kill in the global market my dude.
    Apple has surprised me in the past, but I'm still highly skeptical of this story.
    1. There's already a cheap iPhone - Apple is currently selling the iPhone 4S for $100 and iPhone 4 for $0 (contract pricing).
    2. It's just not an Apple thing to do. Apple doesn't dumb down their hardware for the "low-end."
    3. It's way early in Apple's cycle to be getting new iPhone news. Obviously they're always testing and working on the next thing, but I doubt they've got ANY solid decisions on anything for the iPhone event in the fall.