This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your Firefox Extensions

13»

Comments

• Awesome. Is there a similar add-on for firefox?
  • Dunno, you could search the extension directory though.
  • Tiny Menu.

Makes the whole "File/Edit/etc" toolbar into one little menu button which has a popup with the rest of the menu. This allows me to have the menu and address bar and google on one line, and tabs on the next. Really makes Firefox minimalistic and maximizes my (15") screen real-estate.

Also Greasemonkey.
  • Blacksheep for my laptop, which sniffs for Firesheep and reports the IP addresses of anyone using it to me.
  • @Wolfin: Take a look at Autohide if you're hurting for space.
  • I simply just remove that thing all together, and if I really need it I just press alt.
  • I use Google Chrome (Chromium on my netbook) and adblock+.
  • - Adblock Plus
    - BugMeNot
    - Canadian English Dictionary (so that I don't get red squigglies whenever I type the "u" in "colour")
    - Delicious Bookmarks
    - Download Statusbar
    - FireFTP (seriously better than a lot of standalone FTP clients I've used)
    - FlashGot
    - FoxyTunes
    - Lazarus (in Firefox 3.6 it brings up an annoying "script not responding" error message that freezes up the browser on occasion, but its functionality is more than enough to make up for it)
    - LJlogin (Extremely useful for me as an LJ roleplayer. Lets you instantly switch between accounts on LJ and other journaling sites based on LJ code, like Dreamwidth.)
    - Organize Status Bar
    - Paste Email Plus (Lets you save strings of text that you type often and access them from the context menu when you right-click on a text field. Useful for little bits of HTML or frequently used addresses and what have you.)
    - Personas
    - Save Text Area (don't use this one as much, but it lets you directly save a text field as a .txt file)
    - Ubiquity (I use this so frequently that I get confused for half a second when I use someone else's Firefox and alt-space doesn't bring up the Ubiquity window)
    - Xmarks (so sad that this is shutting down soon :( )
  • AutoPager is the only one I use which hasn't been mentioned yet . On sites which break up content into multiple pages (including sites like google), it loads pages in order and places them one after the other. It isn't perfect, but it is pretty good and makes my browsing experience more enjoyable.
  • Has anyone tried using the EasyPrivacy list in Adblock (You find it under subscriptions.)? I've turned it on just to see what happens. Seems to be a filter for things like tracking scripts and cookies.