This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

iTunes Problems

edited September 2007 in Technology
My iTunes will freeze up after a few minutes of it opening. I can listen to music and podcasts, but the program freezes up. I can't fully sync my iPod. I have downloaded the newest version of iTunes and everything is the same. Can anyone help me out with this problem?

Comments

• God damn it! The iTunes is infected! Can any one suggest some extra security measures I can implement. I only have McAfee and Ad-Aware installed. I need help!
  • Is your mcafee still active?
  • Get AVG or Avast! instead of McAfee.
  • You do not need anti-virus software if you don't do anything stupid in the first place. If your computer is behind a NAT router and fully patched, even running Windows, you can not get infected unless you do something stupid. Stupid things include downloading e-mail attachments, installing spyware, visiting evil web pages and clicking "yes", etc.
  • How did that infect your iTunes? I've never seen that happen before.

Otherwise I agree with Scott. Have some Internet smarts.
  • What virus does it say you have? I recommend AVG Free and Spybot.
  • While a lot of those spybot/avg type virus and spyware removing programs work sometimes, I never trust them to completely restore the machine to its original state. I only trust a completle reformat and re-install.
  • It happened to me a few months ago and I couldn't find a way to fix it. Then I just decided to switch to Linux since iTunes was the only thing keeping me on Vista.
  • It happened to me a few months ago and I couldn't find a way to fix it. Then I just decided to switch to Linux since iTunes was the only thing keeping me on Vista.
    Curious, what are you using now? Amarok?
  • Well I download my songs with Icepodder and then sync them over with Yamipod. I have found that Amarok takes ages to download, although I can't figure out why.
  • Winamp works for iPods, and I find it much nicer than iTunes because I have been using Winamp for ages.
  • My iTunes is now fixed. I can finally listen to podcasts on my iPod again!
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    I am having some major trouble with my credit card. So I'm going to make some updates to my Apps (specifically Meebo which is awesome), and it suddenly says there is a billing problem. I'm going to resolve it, and it says my security code is invalid. I've entered it 100 (not literally) times and I'm looking directly at it and entering what this card says. Nothing. It seems I'm not alone as hundreds of people are having this problem. I'm seriously pissed off, can someone help me out here?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited March 2010
    Li, if it happens again, look to see if your hard drive light stays lit. If your hard drive is becoming corrupted, like mine did, it will stick while trying to read the corrupted file and the HDD light will stay steadily lit.
    This happens both when playing songs and when you try and sync the corrupted file to your ipod.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Li, if it happens again, look to see if your hard drive light stays lit. If your hard drive is becoming corrupted, like mine did, it will stick while trying to read the corrupted file and the HDD light will stay steadily lit.
    This happens both when playing songs and when you try and sync the corrupted file to your ipod.
    Welcome to 2007.
  • Welcome to 2007.
    Ladies and gentlemen:

Wat?