This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I need a wi-fi sniffer

edited September 2007 in Technology
I'm looking for a sniffer I can use to sniff the packets my DS is sending over the Internet when doing Nintendo WFC stuff.

Comments

• http://www.wireshark.org/
    For all your sniffing needs.
  • I'm looking for a sniffer I can use to sniff the packets my DS is sending over the Internet when doing Nintendo WFC stuff.
    They are all encrypted, AFAIK. Good luck figuring anything out from them other than the IP address of the DS Wi-Fi server.
  • edited September 2007
    And what illegitimate use are you going to put this to?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • And what illegitimate use are you going to put this to?
    I was thinking the same thing but decided to apply Hanlon's Razor. Well, the topic's been breached now, so spill it!
  • Nintendo just launched the Global Trade Station web site (I reviewed it) and I find it lacking. If I could sniff the GTS packets I could probably hack into the system and be able to query it for what is on there and make a REAL GTS web site. It's a long shot but it can't hurt to try.
  • Nintendo just launched the Global Trade Station web site(I reviewed it)and I find it lacking. If I could sniff the GTS packets I could probably hack into the system and be able to query it for what is on there and make a REAL GTS web site. It's a long shot but it can't hurt to try.
    I highly doubt you will succeed at anything.
  • Nintendo just launched the Global Trade Station web site(I reviewed it)and I find it lacking. If I could sniff the GTS packets I could probably hack into the system and be able to query it for what is on there and make a REAL GTS web site. It's a long shot but it can't hurt to try.
    I highly doubt you will succeed at anything.
    As do I.
  • If anyone wants any pokemon at any level just ask me. I've just about given up bothering this time round and as my game is running off loader it comes with action replay so I can make any pokemon and set stats. This complicated packet hacking isn't needed.
  • You totally miss the point! I started my PokeFarm site specifically to push people into breeding better Pokemon not hacking better Pokemon!

The site is only 20% done right now, my next step is to write a PokeDex app for the site.