This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Master chief vs. Sparta

edited September 2007 in Everything Else
I don't know who does or doesn't look at ctrl-alt-del this pic is too awesome not to talk about!

Comments

• I don't see why this is awesome at all.
  • Tim Buckley is really, really not that funny anymore.
    He's Penny Arcade Lite.
    He's Penny Arcade Lite.
    Never was funny.
    He's Penny Arcade Lite.
    I don't mind him so much, but it's been pretty interesting seeing how both his recent comics mirror PA's recent comics or vice versa.
  • CAD is ok when it's about video games and totally ass when it's not.
  • CAD is ok when it's about video games and totally ass when it's not.
    I do agree on that note. It became more of a slice of life in the life of gamers rather than gamers itself. The pic I put a link to is the only interesting thing lately. Well interesting only to me. I'm a frickin' Halo whore and 300 lover.
  • I like CAD, I'd rank it better than Penny arcade though not as good as XKCD. All depends what you look for in a web comic.
  • It kinda looks like CAD is copying the style of PA? Which came first?
  • It kinda looks like CAD is copying the style of PA? Which came first?
    Is it?
  • edited September 2007
    first CAD

first PA

About 4 years of difference, I really liked reading through the old CADs, now it's quite sucky-sucky but it looks like each webcomic has a time when it just stops being awsome and gets average and below (PA doesn't do that imo ^^ )

I guess the artists and writers grow up in some way and have the comic reflect that
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • edited September 2007
    The spartan will win. No question. Master Chief uses a thumb joystick to play his console shooter because he's a nub.

(Then what's the spear? A wii-mote? Ah, who cares, he's gonna get stabbed.)

Edit: my god, they should make a 300 video game for the Wii. Wii-mote stabbing action!
    Post edited by kenjura on
  • edited September 2007
    At least Buckley's a nice guy - I mean, it takes a lot of generosity to show your wang to underage girls.
    Post edited by rhinocero on
  • At least Buckley's a nice guy - I mean, it takes a lot of generosity to show your wang to underage girls.
    Wait, what?
  • At least Buckley's a nice guy - I mean, it takes a lot of generosity to show your wang to underage girls.
    Wait, what?
    +1!
    Wait, what?
    +1!

?? Please can someone explain that to me?
  • ?? Please can someone explain that to me?
    +1 basically means I agree and repeat. Like "seconded", "thirded", etc...
  • Okay then someone explain the wang thing!
  • Okay then someone explain the wang thing!
    Google it. I dare you!
  • I can't. I'm at work...but when I get home THE DARE IS ON!
  • # A slang term for the penis, primarily in North America and the UK. Certain dictionaries list this under whang, which may be a variant or the source of the word wang.
    # A slang term meaning either to throw (i.e. "wang a rock through a window"), to collide violently (i.e "wanged into my car") or to injure oneself in a way likely to amuse others (i.e " he wanged himself by tripping over and eating the dirt")
    It's also Dutch for cheek :D

Oh yeeh, NSFW POST!
  • They didn't know what wang is?!

That's one of my favorite words ever!!
  • I knew what a wang is. I was talking about Tim Buckly showing it to underaged girls. When, where and why?
  • ?? Please can someone explain that to me?
    +1 basically means I agree and repeat. Like "seconded", "thirded", etc...
    I meant the comment about the wang thing. But thanks for explaining the other thing too.
    I once posted a message on the creator's forums with a question.... a mild question (seriously) about one of the strips and he went berserk... i mean he went ape wild. He posted this rant full of obscenities and threats that were so out of proportion with the original question I asked that I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Right after he posted this assault, he locked the thread so I couldn't even ask if he was seeking psychiatric help.... because he sure needs it. Needless to say, that was the last time I read that strip because I realized the guy is insane... gave me the chills reading such light stuff and imagining the hot head behind it.... anyways... i can finally reply to him so here it is.