This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Suggestions from Ubuntu experts (refresh rates)

edited September 2007 in Technology
I recently installed Ubuntu on my Vista machine via VMServer. Everything seems fine, except my refresh rate is set to 0 hz and it will not give me any other options to change it. I've done a lot of research and followed a lot of suggestions, but nothing has worked. I tried installing the nvidia drivers via the packet manager, but that made no difference. I tried some commands as well without success.

Anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions? Problem: The display is set to 1950 x 1080 and the refresh rate is set to 0 hz without any options to change the refresh rate.

Thanks guys and gals.

Comments

• If your refresh rates are properly set in your xorg.conf file, do not worry about what it says in that stupid dialog box. This is one of the things that will be much better in Gutsy Gibbon.
  • Scott is right, I had the same problem with the refresh rate on one of my machines my xorg.conf file is fine and nothing was visibly wrong anywhere else. So basically that stupid little box should be ignored.
  • I checked the xorg.conf file and it had the correct refresh rate range listed, but the screen is still very slow to refresh. It's no big deal though, I'll wait for the next release...I believe there's going to be a xorg.conf GUI next time around.
  • I believe there's going to be a xorg.conf GUI next time around
    Finally, after 10 years of waiting.