This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

cheap TV capture

edited September 2007 in Technology
I am looking for a cheap video capture device that works with USB for recording some Wii action. All I need from it is for it to be able to capture sound and video suitable for Youtubing. I need nothing fancy. Inputs must be RCA not S-video/composite with matching outputs.

As I move forward with my PokeFarm site I want to begin offering tournaments. Taking a photograph of a screen is one thing but I would also like to provide some videos of battles.

Does anyone know of a device for screen capturing off of a DS? Something you would slide into the DS and then slide your chip into (like an Action Replay) and then record or screen cap with?

Please do not respond with "check newegg" or "search google" I'm looking for information on equipment you have actually used.

Comments

• The only thing I've used similar to this is a splitter to a computer TV-In card. You can get USB devices like that but you must split it (not view it on your computer monitor) for gaming as the screen rate will be way behind. I too would like to screen-capture / record DS.
  • I know that some of my friends in clans use GameBridge to record their matches on Xbox. I'm not sure the exact model they use, but you can find it on Amazon.
  • I myself own a gamebridge that I picked up on woot really cheap (brand new). As far as I can tell, it's crap. It records so slow and laggy on my computer it's unbearable. I have a gig of ram, and maybe I need more, but for now, it's junk.
  • I have an svideo jack on the side of my laptop. I have not investigated it yet to see if it is in/out or what.
  • I have an svideo jack on the side of my laptop. I have not investigated it yet to see if it is in/out or what.
    I'd put my money on it being an S-Video out.

As for a USB video input thingy, I use this, which has worked relatively well for me.