This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Doctor Who and Torchwood (now with spoilers!)

Comments

• I've heard that some people have been using bittorrent. ;-)

I believe it premiers on the Sci-Fi channel in a couple of weeks. That's a much quicker US premiere date than normal.

I got hooked when the CBC would run it a day or so after BBC. I live close enough to the border that we get Canadian television on our basic cable lineup.
  • I'm seeing a lot of conflicting opinions on what they've done with the Sontarans (first part The Sontaran Strategem aired last week, second part The Poison Sky aired a few hours ago).

I lack the old-school Who experience, and I thought that while it wasn't uber-awesome, it was still great stuff.
  • Doctor Who went down hill from the first of the new seasons. I watched one episode of the newest season, the one when the fat just walks away or something, and it was a load of crap. I get through the episode.
  • I like how the Sontarans are depicted here they look very honorable for what I saw from the first part episode.
  • edited May 2008
    Did anyone notice...

Highlight for spoiler from the second Sontaran episode:
    The brief image of Rose Tyler on the tardis TV screen.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • Did anyone notice...
    No, but I did notice <<font color="#FFFFFF">a credit for the actress, making me think I'd missed something like that>
  • edited May 2008
    Did anyone notice...
    I noticed, so maybe since Rose saw the heart of the TARDIS, the TARDIS also saw the heart of rose. Maybe there is still a connection between the TARDIS and Rose even though they are in different dimensions. Also, the Doctor's daughter is hot. What is up with that. When the TARDIS got all crazy at the end I thought well it s gotta be her, but now that I saw the Doctor's daughter she might be calling him. Also, I do not think she is a Timelady, since maybe she is a mix.
    also, the Äre you my mommy part was hilarious :P
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Also, the Doctor's daughter is hot.
    Amen to that.
    Äre you my mommy part was hilarious
    We laughed our asses off at that. We also laughed at Donna's "Back of the neck!" line.
  • Donna is getting up there in my list of favorite companions.
  • My wife and I are tremendously impressed with Catherine Tate. She's great. Too bad a lot of people didn't like her when she was originally announced as the companion.
  • Agreed. Catherine Tate is doing a very good job as Donna.
  • My wife and I are tremendously impressed with Catherine Tate. She's great. Too bad a lot of people didn't like her when she was originally announced as the companion.
    I really liked her on her first trip with the Doctor, great comic reliefcharacter. I guess people back then were still enamored with Rose.
  • Back in "The Runaway Bride" she was super annoying and far too antagonistic. They did not change her characteristics but they toned them down a lot so that the Doctor did not kill her as soon as she got into the TARDIS. I really like her as a companion esp. since they made a different character from the first two companions who are very similar. Although do they really have to bring a pile of old companions back this season. Seriously, they already brought back Martha and by the end of the season they are bringing back Rose and Martha again. They really don't need to appeal to the fan boys. They could bring in new characters. Martha has already been on Torchwood why do they need her?

Sorry for the rant.
  • Martha has already been on Torchwood why do they need her?
    Because, Martha is a lovely lady :P
  • Oh, my it was brilliant specially the end. So I am kind of confuse about all the resurrection thingy. But anyone thinks if Rose had something to do with that?
    Because in this episode there was no Rose connection like the other episodes.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Rose connection but she is Gallifreyan... maybe this is another form of Time Lords? I expect her to be a companion or at least re-appearing in a future season or special.
  • edited May 2008
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Rose connection but she is Gallifreyan... maybe this is another form of Time Lords? I expect her to be a companion or at least re-appearing in a future season or special.
    I am down with that because she is hot :P
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • She's not bad, for a Mary Sue.
  • So I am kind of confuse about all the resurrection thingy.
    Maybe a sorta "Star Trek III" sorta thing like Spock? They did recreate a new planet. Could have brought her back. Also it's not all that surprising as we've already seen the Dr.'s Granddaughter (series 1). So that would imply a daughter or son.
  • So I am kind of confuse about all the resurrection thingy.
    Maybe a sorta "Star Trek III" sorta thing like Spock? They did recreate a new planet. Could have brought her back. Also it's not all that surprising as we've already seen the Dr.'s Granddaughter (series 1). So that would imply a daughter or son.
    What? In that episode he stated that he was a father once, and that he had a family. His new daugther gives hope for a new race of hybrid timelords.
  • Ok, it took me long enough but

DAVROS!
    Also, I like chicks with big guns
  • edited May 2008
    So that is what is coming at the end of the current season. Daleks and Rose with a gun.
    No complaints really, though I'm sure I'll have a few after it has aired.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • So that is what is coming at the end of the current season. Daleks and Rose with a gun.
    No complaints really, though I'm sure I'll have a few after it has aired.
    You forgot my white spoiler :P
  • "Forest of the Dead" was awesome, and touching.
    Best episode of the current season.
  • I concur it was awesome and the end was great even though I knew before what will happen with the future companion before the previous episode ended. But what I did not know was what the future Doctor had in mind to help his friend out.
    Also, finally we now that this will be the last regeneration of the Doctor and that he will had a new hair cut. I can't wait to see his new companion because what is more important than the destination is the journey.
  • How do we know that this is the last regeneration? I don't remember anything about that.
  • How do we know that this is the last regeneration? I don't remember anything about that.
    She said it when the Doctor was about to sacrifice himself to prevent the self destruction.
  • She said it when the Doctor was about to sacrifice himself to prevent the self destruction.
    No, she said it would stop him from regenerating, not that it was his last.
  • She said it when the Doctor was about to sacrifice himself to prevent the self destruction.
    No, she said it would stop him from regenerating, not that it was his last.
    How come something would stop him from regenerating?