This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Curiosity: I searched for "Rym" on Facebook

edited September 2007 in Everything Else
There were many results. They were all female.

Comments

• Rym brought this up many moons ago that Rym is a more "common" girls name.

Also, Rym, where did that name come from? Is that a nickname that just stuck, or a middle name, or what?
  • Also, Rym, where did that name come from? Is that a nickname that just stuck, or a middle name, or what?
    Rym has answered this here before, but I don't remember where. Something about it coming to him in a dream.
  • Rym as a girls name? Nah, It doesn't sound girlie at all to me.
  • It's in one of the stickies. Use the search function.
  • The only other Rym I can think of is Arnold J Rimmer from red dwarf.
  • Rym has answered this here before, but I don't remember where. Something about it coming to him in a dream.

See I have listened to.... almost every episode. Some of them, however, I was listening to while going to bed, so maybe I was knocked out. Nuts.
  • Rym is a name I've used for the last 15 or so years. It came from "kmrym," which itself came from a dream I had when I was young. I'd awakened one night and proceded to scribble three words on a pad of paper before falling back to sleep. The first was kmrym or kyrym. The second and third were immemorable.

When I was in middle school, I needed a name to use online, and it instantly sprung to mind. I dropped the "k" just to make it easier to say/scribe.
    It seemed to fit me rather well, and by high school it was my de facto name as far as the majority of the people I knew were concerned.

The only people on Earth who don't call me "Rym" are my parents and my co-workers, though even my parents use it from time to time. I consider it to be my real name, and I'm seriously entertaining the idea of legally changing it.

My given first name is Brandon. It's been so long that I often don't respond immediately to it, even at work. As such, I tend to jump at that name, simply because the only people who ever use it are co-workers (who want something) or professors (who were usually yelling at me for sleeping in class ^_~).

I've told a few other stories about where the name came from in the past, mostly to avoid having to explain the truth. (People always ask what the dream was about or what the other words were or all sorts of annoying questions).
    It was in the "questions of the show" thread.