This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Macro Keys

edited September 2007 in Everything Else
I've been playing natural selection for a while now and my FPS skills are returning but I wanted to know if there is any way of using a macro to throw grenades or plant mines then instantly switch back to my primary weapon as doing so manually repeatedly can be tedious. Also, what programs to use and how to do it?

Comments

• I've been playing natural selection for a while now and my FPS skills are returning but I wanted to know if there is any way of using a macro to throw grenades or plant mines then instantly switch back to my primary weapon as doing so manually repeatedly can be tedious. Also, what programs to use and how to do it?
    You just have to learn how to write half-life scripts. Check the natural-selection forums or google for help. Some server disable scripting.
  • Well, I can tell you for a fact throwing together a good macro for WoW isn't that hard. For instance, the "1" key cause my warlock to go into attack mode, which causes me to auto-target the closest mob. It then causes my pet to attack said target and cast the first spell in the cycle. The next press of the "1" key fires off another spell. And the third press starts up my automatic ranged attack. It works well enough that it has taken a lot of the challenge out of the game, so I am taking on bigger and badder things.

The moral? Find a page that has lots of example scripts, and pull bits from here and there, and build what you need. After some tweaking, you will have exactly what you want, and you learn something in the process!

Of course, I'm looking at picking up either an Ideazon Merc Stealth keyboard, or maybe a Logitech G15, for myself for Christmas. Once I do that, I'll be using my hardware to do the dirty work for me.
  • Once I do that, I'll be using my hardware to do the dirty work for me.
    This is really the easy way to go because your macro's are the same no matter the game. The more games you play, the easier it is to spend $70+ on a keyboard.