This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official Front Row Crew TF2 Server

Comments

• Is TF2 Beta free, and where can I get it?
  • That was the awesomes. Everyone, you must buy this game.
  • It was great fun :D

Would be even more fun with more people ;)
  • I would like to say, for the record, that I dominated Scott during all of 2fort, and he never once revenged me.

I sucked it up on the next map, though.

Good times, people, good times.
  • Sorry I couldn't make it damn it. Hopefully next time!
  • I dominated 3 people in the 2Fort map, unfortunately Scott and one other got revenge (damn pyro!).

I still think i did ok though.
  • Gees, especially if you consider the ping difference.
  • Snaps! I never remember to take screenshots.
  • edited October 2007
    I dominated 3 people in the 2Fort map, unfortunately Scott and one other got revenge (damn pyro!).
    I still think i did ok though.

Oh thank you mate! I will get my revenge one day! It was a good game though. When will we do it again?
    Post edited by Sycar on
  • Gees, especially if you consider the ping difference.
    Hehe :) I don't know if the ping made much of a difference, I did notice small problems running if some one faster ran into me.

Darthlog - I'm up for you to try exacting revenge next weekend if you like, would be nice if we could get more people playing though. I didn't get to play as a spy very long because there wasn't enough people for it to work well, So I only played long enough to inject a slight feeling of paranoia before switching to another class, so I would like to change that.
  • Ah, I completely forgot about this.
  • I don't think I've played TF2 yet. I got the half life 2 holiday package, and I don't remember if it has tf2. If it does, I'll play it with you guys. I've been mostly playing COD:UO on the CUF servers.
  • I don't think I've played TF2 yet. I got the half life 2 holiday package, and I don't remember if it has tf2. If it does, I'll play it with you guys. I've been mostly playing COD:UO on the CUF servers.
    Unless you pre-ordered the orange box on steam you have not played TF2.
  • You also get it if you have bought any of the recent ATI graphics cards that come with "Black Box" (this promotion was out before Black Box was cancelled, but ATI/Valve still honour the deal even if you purchase a card now)
  • So can you still get TF2 or do you have to wait for the orange box to come out?

By the way, is the orange box the game package with the labyrinth-style lab game with the "hole" gun? (I don't remember the name of the game)
  • So can you still get TF2 or do you have to wait for the orange box to come out?

By the way, is the orange box the game package with the labyrinth-style lab game with the "hole" gun? (I don't remember the name of the game)
    Wow people. Read video game news.
  • ok... I don't get it.
    What's Ping?
  • edited October 2007
    So can you still get TF2 or do you have to wait for the orange box to come out?

Wow people. Read video game news.

Sorry, it's been a busy summer. I've been getting all the home improvement/clean-up projects done before the winter. When the winter hits, I'm not going outside! So that's when I'll have more time for video games.

About "ping", I believe it is a use-word associated with radar. I believe it is how slow or fast your computer information bounces back and forth from the server. The lower the number, the faster it is. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to answer this one, I've never learned this, just been told by others. Might make a good geeknights discussion...
    Post edited by bodtchboy on
  • About "ping", I believe it is a use-word associated with radar. I believe it is how slow or fast your computer information bounces back and forth from the server. The lower the number, the faster it is. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to answer this one, I've never learned this, just been told by others. Might make a good geeknights discussion...
    Oh! I think I get it now!

... sorta...
  • By the way, is the orange box the game package with the labyrinth-style lab game with the "hole" gun? (I don't remember the name of the game)
    Portal.
  • I pre-loaded it today ^_^
  • edited October 2007
    I think Portal is going to be oodles of fun. I was psyched about the idea ever since saw that trailer.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I think Portal is going to be oodles of fun. I was psyched about the idea ever since saw that trailer.
    Agreed. And it's not a 'hole' gun. They're portals! PORTALS!
  • Haha! Nice picture. :)
    I'll start preloading that tonight, and Ep2 should be out for preload soon as well.

Scott, can we organise another "event" for this weekend please?
  • edited October 2007
    Yes, we really need another event this weekend. Is it just me, or has the GeekNights server been down the last few days?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Yes we really need another event this weekend. Is it just me or is the geeknight server been down the last few days?
    Yeah, I'm too lazy to restart it because it would require me to hook up my monitor to it again. If we schedule another event I'll get it up and running before then.
  • Why not use the frontrowcrew.com server for the TF2 server?
  • Why not use the frontrowcrew.com server for the TF2 server?
    Running a game server is not like running a web server. You actually need some serious hardware.
  • edited October 2007
    Well, how serious does the hardware and bandwith need to be? Because I could maybe run a server. Sorry if there are any grammer or spelling mistakes, I am on my iPod touch.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • So I checked out the "orange box" online last night and pre-ordered it. I downloaded the games last night (except for ep. 2). I might have some time to play TF2 late on Thursday night, if anyone is going to be playing then.