This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official Front Row Crew TF2 Server

124»

Comments

• edited October 2007
    So are you saying that you have never been killed by a spy or had a turret sapped? The only way to spot a spy is to look at your hud when you mouse-over and see if it said your name or a players. Some of the new spies do run around kinda funny but that's it.
    Post edited by Sycar on
  • The only way to spot a spy is to look at your hud when you mouse-over and see if it said your name or a players.No, you shoot them.  You shoot everyone.  Every teammate you see, you shoot repeatedly.  Always.  If you are an engineer, you should always be shooting anyone who comes into view no matter what.
    Also, spies burn like enemies if a pyro shoots them.  Pyros should shoot everyone they see always.
  • So are you saying that you have never been killed by a spy or had a turret sapped? The only way to spot a spy is to look at your hud when you mouse-over and see if it said your name or a players. Some of the news spy do run around kinda funny but that's it.
    There are plenty of ways to find a spy. Why is that scout running so slow? Why is that heavy running so fast? How come that guy has never fired his gun? Why is he trying to get behind that guy? What is a medic doing near those turrets? Where did that demo man come from and why is he going into our base rather than leaving it? Of course there is always the shoot everyone on your team method which works pretty well.
  • Way to read.
    I did read it. I meant the more I know.
  • Yes that works but I think on some servers friendly fire is enabled right? Also with lots of players comes more chaos and good spies don't put on wrong disguises for the right job.
  • Yes that works but I think on some servers friendly fire is enabled right? Also with lots of players comes more chaos and good spies don't put on wrong disguises for the right job.
    In a recent update Valve removed the option to have friendly fire in TF2. It completely breaks the game.
  • In a recent update Valve removed the option to have friendly fire in TF2. It completely breaks the game.
    Wait, so is FF on always now?
  • In a recent update Valve removed the option to have friendly fire in TF2. It completely breaks the game.
    Wait, so is FF on always now?
    No, it's always off.
  • Ah ha ok that makes sense.
  • In what manner does Friendly Fire break the game?
  • In what manner does Friendly Fire break the game?
    I'm sure if you asked Valve there would be many reasons. However, the obvious reason is that, as we said, none of the weapons are very precise other than the sniper rifle. If you are playing in a small map, with lots of people, who have large player models, and weapons that have a wide spread, it becomes impossible to have any sort of effective play without killing your teammates. With FF off, the pyro, heavy, demo-man, and solider are actually useful instead of stupid.
  • Good, that answer makes since (I just finished listening to the podcast on Tribes 2 and giving good feedback to game developers).
  • With FF off, the pyro, heavy, demo-man, and solider are actually useful instead of stupid.
    How does that make them more useful? I mean, they can kill their teammates now with their weapons. And PK'ers always have flamethrowers.
  • I have a steam question:

can I install steam and my games (half life 2, CS TF2) on my in-laws' computer, and play them whenever I'm over there or are the downloads/games on my account limited to one computer?
    edited October 2007
    I have a steam question:

can I install steam and my games (half life 2, CS TF2) on my in-laws' computer, and play them whenever I'm over there or are the downloads/games on my account limited to one computer?
    You can download and play them anywhere if you have bought the games on steam.

EDIT: Why did I answer. It's probably in the FAQ. And it's a Google question.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Thanks! And sorry. My mind wanders a lot at work to what I want to do after work. And all the gaming related sites are blocked at work. I'm lucky I can get on Frontrowcrew from work.
  • I got to play TF2 last night. I had a lot of fun! But I don't know what the heck I'm doing. I'm not very good at it, yet. So far, I've been playing as a medic. It's easier for me to just follow guys around. I think I do ok, but I've got to learn the best judgements on when to heal someone, and when it's more important to stick to someone else.