This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Saddest/Awesomest thing you've done

edited September 2007 in Everything Else
So, right now I'm in a contest with my mom to see who can drink all of their 64oz soda first. That, and I'm eating Zingers. This, all before a dance I'm going to at 6:30. I'm thinking, this is either the saddest or the awesomest thing I've ever done.

What about you guys?

Comments

• Beat Xenosaga Episode I in one sitting. Quite sad, and also quite awesome.
  • edited September 2007
    I'm playing Narcissu, a visual novel about a romance between two people with lung cancer who know they are going to die and try and comfort each other. It is depressingly sad but I know it will change my life to finish it.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I'm playingNarcissu, a visual novel about a romance between two people with lung cancer who know they are going to die and try and comfort each other. It is depressingly sad but I know it will change my life to finish it.
    I actually have that installed and ready for play after I get bored of Tsukihime.
  • In high school when my gang and I did our daily trek to the comic shop, we saw some grocery carts. 4 people + 2 carts = Great race! That road in the empty part of the shopping center was legendary for this.

It's not sad but it sure was awesome.
  • I went to see the first Pokeman movie in theaters with about 12 friends. We piled into one person's van and roadtripped an hour to see it.
  • Oh, I won the contest. And I didn't have to pee all that much during the dance!

Oh, TheWhaleShark, I think I beat you. I have Pokemon 4Ever on DVD, and I watch it regularly. (By the way, doesn't Ash's dub voice in Diamond & Pearl sound stupid?)
  • Oh, I won the contest. And I didn't have to pee all that much during the dance!

Oh, TheWhaleShark, I think I beat you. I have Pokemon 4Ever on DVD, and I watch it regularly. (By the way, doesn't Ash's dub voice in Diamond & Pearl sound stupid?)
    I don't actually WATCH Pokemon. Except that one time.

The games are fun, though.

I don't actually WATCH Pokemon. Except that one time.

The games are fun, though.
    So I win the sad contest? :P

the games = fun. I miss my Crystal version, though...
  • Read the Haruhi novels. Well, the first one and most of the second, at least.
  • It's not sad but it sure was awesome.
    Cheater.
  • Read the Haruhi novels. Well, the first one and most of the second, at least.

I have you beat - I read the first four.

Also:  Marathoning Star Wars 1-6 is probably up there.
  • Marathoning Star Wars 1-6 is probably up there.

My friends and I had a Lord of the Rings sleepover where we watched all the movies. I'm talking extended versions too.
  • I watched all three at the cinemas when Return of the King came out. Started at about 9 at night, and afterwards we went out for breakfast. Well worth it.
  • Oh, at the Alamo Draft-house there was a LotR marathon with 7 meals throughout the movies. I stayed awake through all of it, even though I was up 'til 2 the last night and I think we had to go to the movies at 6.
  • Marathoning Star Wars 1-6 is probably up there.

My friends and I had a Lord of the Rings sleepover where we watched all the movies. I'm talking extended versions too.
    I remember when I marathoned the extended versions of LOTR, it was quite insane.
  • I think this was just plain sad. There's this song called Dead Nintendo. I played it in anime club talking about how my NES is offically dead. My friend said her SNES died the other day as well. So I yelled out "This song goes out to all the dead Nintendo consoles and Game Boys!" Then everyone with a DS opened it and swayed with them like a lighter at a concert to the song.
  • I think this was just plain sad. There's this song called Dead Nintendo. I played it in anime club talking about how my NES is offically dead. My friend said her SNES died the other day as well. So I yelled out "This song goes out to all the dead Nintendo consoles and Game Boys!" Then everyone with a DS opened it and swayed with them like a lighter at a concert to the song.
    That's awesome.
    I want that song.
    *googles it*
  • Oh. Look up Possible Oscar. That's the band that did it.
    That's awesome.
    I want that song.
    *googles it*
    +1 if you give the link XD
    That's awesome.
    I want that song.
    *googles it*
    +1 if you give the link XD
    I need more points...
    I'm on it!
  • This was the most awesome thing I heard in a long time.
  • edited September 2007
    I remember when I marathoned the extended versions of LOTR, it was quite insane.
    I was (lucky enough to be?) working at the Palisades Mall when the ticket sales for the all day LOTR movie came out. They were sold out within an hour or two. It started at 9 AM in the morning. They showed the first two extended movies, with 30 minute breaks between them, and then the 3rd one. Best part (besides the people dressing up) was since it was 1 showing, the free refills on popcorn and soda also lasted all day as well. I think it was in total something like 13 hours in all. You'd think you'd be exhausted but the energy in the theater was amazing.
    Post edited by Tasel on
  • I'm really wracking my brain on this one. I mean I went to the movies at lunch during the work week to see Episode III. But then I did take a client with me.
  • Damnit, I lose. Can't find Dead Nintendo...
  • Damnit, I lose. Can't find Dead Nintendo...
    I could email it to you once I'm home.
  • I went to see the first Pokeman movie in theaters with about 12 friends. We piled into one person's van and roadtripped an hour to see it.
    I won a Saturday Morning Cartoon art competition to see the Australian premier of the first movie at a theme park. 8D I'm of the personal opinion that's awesome! But it's probably actually sad. :
  • Linkies. It's a live one from Marscon, and it's only streaming, but I found it.

Dead Nintendo
  • Ahahah. Okay, I role play with my friends all the time (currently, a lot of Storm Hawks). Well, a couple nights ago, I was able to handle (quite efficiently, and quite well) 3 RPs, where my friends could only do 2 before starting to screw up. And I was doing all the extras too. *dances* Sad, but awesome. Here's another sad thing (not quite awesome): I've RPed in four ways; verbal, through MSN/Yahoo, on notepad, and in forums.

FEAR ME.
  • I've RPed in four ways; verbal, through MSN/Yahoo, on notepad, and in forums.
    Same here. I suppose the saddest but awesomest thing I ever did concerning roleplaying was RPing in a notebook that we passed around a group of people on a school bus during a class trip. Either that or staying over at my friend's house roleplaying on WoW until 5 in the morning. (I think I score some major pathetic points for that, but damn, it was fun.)