This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cool Principal

edited September 2007 in Everything Else
Check this story out. The kids are totally cool, but also the principal is totally cool! He doesn't go and suspend or expel the kids or anything stupid. He says he is proud of the students for standing up for their rights! School administrators around the country need to take a lesson from this guy.

Comments

• The principal of my High School (The Science Academy of South Texas) is totally badass like that. Since our school is a magnet school, we generally attract more well-educated students, so our administration is quite lenient with everything we do.
  • It's good to see someone in the school systems and we need more of them. When I was in school they had a no tolerance policy with about everything and left a clause in there that they could make up a rule if a teacher or school official thought it wasn't right. But this town is very resistant to change and most of the people in it would prob have not supported the students. Hopefully they get a following behind them on this so they can make the board of that school listen to them.
  • Lucky fucking kids. They got to a good school (not thanks to bureaucracy). Commendations all around (especially for a cool principal named Bud Jenkins of all things).
  • I didn't know schools still did the pledge. I remember doing it up to 6th grade and after that I never had to in school. None of the schools did it anymore where I'm from.

I'm glad for the principal though. It's really good to encourage independent thought and actions instead of extinguishing it.
  • (especially for a cool principal named Bud Jenkins of all things).
    BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD JENKIIIINS!!! . . .

I'm insane, don't ask me. But awesome kids and awesome principal.
  • Really, if most of your student population consists of generally intelligent and well-educated people, the administration has room to be lenient. They KNOW that their students won't fuck shit up without a good reason.