This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Rym and Scott look like

edited May 2006 in Everything Else
For quite a while, I've sort've been pondering what Rym and Scott look like in person. Then, I finally found out where their pictures were.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apreche/page3/

In the past, I've done the same with other shows, like Cnet Buzz Outloud. In that show, I had Tom right, but Molly and Veronica had me stumped. Before I saw their pictures, I was thinking Molly was going to be hot and Veronica was going to be ugly. I was wrong. It was vice versa.

I had Scott right, but Rym, once again, had me stumped. At one point, I thought he was hispanic. Then I thought he had short hair. Then I saw the pic, and I freaked. He had long hair, glasses, totally different.

It's interesting trying to guess how people look by their voice. Sadly, it most often doesn't work. It's like one of those moments that you've listened to people for so long and you've never seen them in person, then you do and freak out. I'm guessing that can apply to chatting online with people as well.

Comments

• I see now why you had a show on masturbation and not real sex. You guys rock anyway.
  • edited May 2006
    LOL!

(kinda reminds me of a time when Luke and I met these two fans in Canada. (at the height of Dubthis fame) The two girls saw us and I was busy looking at the anime store we were at. Luke struck up conversation but I noticed they didn't come near me for some reason. Later posted in the forums they comments how the perfect guy would be my body and Luke's Personality (not fair since they seemed afraid to talk to me) but LOL.

To Rym's defense, he's a babe magnet.

but really you should say that "you have a face for radio" haha.. j/k

(shouldn't talk, I don't photograph well at all)
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I see now why you had a show on masturbation and not real sex. You guys rock anyway.
    The show on sex is forthcoming. Tonight we'll take some pictures of us that give you a better idea of what we look like when we are doing the show, and not just distant glances at our faces while playing Burning Wheel.
  • RymRym
    edited May 2006
    Stolen shamelessly from James' Flicker and Steve's photo site. I'll replace the hotlinks with local files when I get a chance ^_^

The Beard Days

The Moustache Days

The Post-Beard Days
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Just so everyone knows, rym's moustache days came first. The beard days came next. Presently it is the no facial hair days. IIRC there was a sequel to moustache days after beard days ended.
  • RymRym
    edited May 2006
    Beard days didn't often last long. I grew my first beard due to laziness, and kept it until I screwed up shaving one day. I had the moustache continuously since I was in high school and only somewhat recently shaved it for the first time. I don't plant to grow it back anytime soon.

It took me months to get used to seeing myself without a moustache. ^_~
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited May 2006
    I was just going to post links to my flickr, but Rym beat me to it ;p. There are pictures of the whole show done at tora-con, just check out the 'geeknights' tag:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jameskun/tags/geeknights/

Edit: better yet: a set for the live show.
    Post edited by Jameskun on
  • That's what sort of happened to my dad. He had worn a mustache and beared since he was 17, then he got rid of it when he was 35. Now he's got it back again and he's 47. Freakin' crazy.
  • Here's a pic of me beating up Rym. Sedentary lifestyle you say?

Yeah, sedentary lifestyle.

Is it just me, or do I look like I'm all evil in this picture?

Grrr!

Bored at work today. Yay, logitech webcam.

Smiling for the camera. I shaved yesterday.

Reading manga at work. Haha!
  • Yeah, stupid redeye making people look evil >_<

I hate the redeye reduction modes on cameras, because they add delay from the time I push the button to the time they take a picture, plus the one on my camera turns the flash into a temporary strobe light which makes it much more annoying.

I could always edit out the redeye after the fact, but I am lazy ;p
  • My camera doesn't strobe. It just turns on this yellow-reddish light for a few seconds, then it takes the picture. So there is still an annoying delay.
  • Yeah, I don't have that little light. Which sucks, because that little light us usually a focus assist light for taking pictures in the dark. Luckily my camera seems to do pretty well at focusing without it.

The delay with any type of warning light makes it much harder, if not impossible, to take good candid photos.
  • Is there video of the Toracon panel? I'm thinking YouTube it if it exists!
  • No, no video. But good idea. We'll definitely video the otakon panel. If you have a video camera you can do it for us.
  • Yes. We're going to put on quite a show at Otakon. More on that as the date gets closer.
  • TANGENT:

Ha ha anyways Rym how proficient were you at the trumpet? I'm just wondering cause I am myself a musician.
  • I don't want to sound like a braggart (which I am, but that's beside the point ^_~), but I was very good. I played with a couple of jazz bands, and our high school drum corps were top notch.

I very seriously considered going into music as a profession for some time. That idea died partly with my overextending myself and hurting my lips and partly with my desire to attend RIT, which has no appreciable music program.

I played the trumpet primarily. I still have my silver Bach Strad (wide bore), and I'm slowly working on rebuilding my chops. I also played the French Horn fairly proficiently, and I'm a decent pianist.

One of the jazz bands cut a CD way back, and I have some recordings from various bits lying around. I'll try to dig something up and post it.
  • Ahh.. I found one from 9 years ago. (Gods, that makes me feel old).

Jungle Fantasy

The equipment used to record this was, for lack of a better word, ass. Also, I note that this was the first mp3 I ever encoded. It took over 12 hours to complete.

I'm trying to dig up some solo recordings, but I'm having a hard time tracking down the people who would have the originals.
  • Not bad haha clearly high schoolish range though, it might just be the recording. Ill try to find some of my horn recordings or make some new ones (Just picked up some Mozart Concertos today ^_^)

Let me know if any of you are interested cause I really dont want to bother unless someone wants to hear it haha ; )
  • Hey, that was 10th grade for me, so it was high schoolish ^_~
  • I play electric guitar - I'm not too great, but i havn't played in a while because the damned repair man is rather slow :(
  • A guitar repairman works right next to my office. He's really good.
  • I don't know any guitar repairmen. I feel left out.
  • Maybe I should clarify. He repairs all fretted instruments.
  • edited May 2006
    Everyone "plays" electric guitar. Seriously ask any guy and 95% of the time they will say that they "play guitar". I'm sorry but I'm just sick of it now a days :(
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I don't. ;^)

In high school, I was a ringer for the orchestra whenever a piece they played needed a little brass. It was a sweet deal: play a bit in their concerts, and I get to take the class and basically do nothing all year for a guaranteed A. The class was 8th period, so I could just leave school early if I wanted and no one would care.

After a few weeks, the teacher really needed a cellist, so he tried to convince me to take it up. It was then that I learned that I had absolutely no aptitude whatsoever for stringed instruments of any kind.

So, I can't play the guitar. ^_~

(I did learn how to transpose C music into Bb in my head and read alto clef, though ^_^)
  • Ok, while most people "play" the guitar i am slightly more in to it, i have a band which i play in regurlaly, while most people would just take lessons and not do much with it.
  • I playED the guitar in 5th grade. I haven't touched one since. I kind of wish I hadn't stopped. If I had been playing and practicing all these years I would be awesome by now. Oh well. I'm good at computers instead.