This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

IGN launches Anime Page

edited October 2007 in Anime
http://anime.ign.com/

Meh. Just thought you guys should know.

Comments

• Eh.
    I'll stick to ANN.
    edited October 2007
    It looks... useless. Horribly useless. I'll let the 'latest updates' speak for themselves:

Almost half of it is "Naruto" something. God! I mean, Naruto blog? Double-you-tea-eff.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I'll stick to ANN as well. Well at least IGN is trying. *shrugs* Plus all the "hot" stuff is Naruto! Variety people! Variety!
  • Plus all the "hot" stuff is Naruto! Variety people! Variety!
    3 Naruto, 1 Pumpkin Scissors. And I never use ANN. I find it to be a horrible site, thus stick to AniDB for anime info and fansub releases.
  • I think it's all Naruto because they just launched. Still, where's all the older anime reviews?
  • I think it's all Naruto because they just launched. Still, where's all the older anime reviews?

lol liek who waches old amine? itz al booring n shit

But seriously, it's all Naruto because that's where the money is. They can get eyeballs and sell advertising slots better by talking about Naruto than by talking about, say, Eva.

That's bullshit. For if that were the case, why the hell are any of the other anime released in the US? I mean, good anime has been released in the US, no? They can just as easily talk about that. But no, they get paid to hype up Naruto so that it will sell more. If they had half a brain they would've put reviews of older, already released in the US, anime on there to attract anime fans over 16 years old.
  • If they had half a brain they would've put reviews of older, already released in the US, anime on there to attract anime fans over 16 years old.
    What does IGN care? They aren't selling the anime. Whether the anime sells or not makes no difference to them. All they care about is that people visit their site so they can sell ads. Putting up lots of Naruto is the way to attract visitors.
  • Putting up lots of Naruto is the way to attract visitors.
    Which is like saying: "Yeah, all those American anime fans only like those Naruto kind shows." There's no reason to not put up more different animes. To attract a wider variety of visitors. And a wider variety means there are more potential visitors, thus more potential income from their ads.
  • Putting up lots of Naruto is the way to attract visitors.
    Which is like saying: "Yeah, all those American anime fans only like those Naruto kind shows." There's no reason to not put up more different animes. To attract a wider variety of visitors. And a wider variety means there are more potential visitors, thus more potential income from their ads.
    You clearly have no understanding of the SEO stuff that I despite so much.
  • Uh...they BARELY launched, guys. I'm sure they have the Naruto stuff NOW just to add awareness to this section. Eventually, I'm sure they'll have a more diverse coverage.
  • Scott makes a point. It WILL get kids googling "NARUTOMG!"
  • yeah, they're cashing in on the recent craze, and I hate Naruto.