This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gundam 00

2»

Comments

• Fuck Gundam! There's some VOTOMS comin'!!!
  • Funnily, I remember that I watched "Seed Destiny" but remember none of it's storyline whatsoever. A testement to how useless it was, maybe?
  • I think Wing and SEED are probably the two best ones to start with, since you don't really need to know anything going into them. If you are going to watch the original, from what I hear you should watch the 3 movies, not the series itself.
  • http://www.gundam00.net/product/index.html
    Looking at this I'm thinking that maybe instead of getting the 1/100s, I'll get every one of the HGs.

Also, I'm looking for some Gundam 00 wallpaper action, but it is hard because the show is too new. Little help?
  • edited October 2007
    I just watched the 3rd episode. It's coming along. The action sequences are good, it will be a while before I'll pass judgment. It's Gundam so I'm happy.

Kinda crappy wallpaper, best I could to with a fansub and Gimp but if you want it. Gundam Exia, I use the faded one otherwise I cant read conky.
    Also I've ordered from Hobby Link Japan before. They usually have decent prices and lots of hard to find kits. Looks like the 1/100 Exia will be out next month for around $20 from them. I really like Kyrios, and Virtue so far. I love that heavy tank look of Virtue.
    Post edited by am_dragon on
  • edited October 2007
    I personally think Virtue looks too short and stubby, but Dyanmes... man, I love me my sniper rifles (even if I can't aim for crap).

EDIT: Oh, and 5000 spacebucks that the Union ace gets hit in the cockpit and starts wearing a mask within 10 episodes.
    EDIT2: Also, Lockon's Haro is awesome.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Hmm you bring up an interesting point linkigi that there isn't a masked character in the show yet. But masks in Gundam shows aren't used to hide scars, they are used to hide identities. Everyone who wore one went by a different name then their real one, because their real one attached them to a group that was an enemy of the group they were fighting with.
  • Grahm Acre seems to be taking the masked man role, even if he doesn't wear a mask. That's just fine because he's the best character in the show so far.
  • edited November 2007
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Iknow some people were looking for some wallpapers for Gundam00
    Low quality = Bad
    Is there a high quality?
  • jihong, I edited your URLs. They were set to imgmax 640, I changed it to 1280. Also, why does everyone always do 1280x800? My laptop screen is 1280x768! It has a different aspect ratio than almost every other monitor.
  • edited November 2007
    Thanks for making the change Apreche, I think a lot of monitors these days have 1280x800 because widescreen monitors and laptops are becoming more prevalent.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • My monitor has a native 1440x900 resolution. Try finding wallpapers to fit that.
  • 1280x1024! :D It's kinda sucky that all 1280xXXXX wallpapers go to 1280x800 -___- 5:4 screens are teh awesome imho, but nice wallpapers.
  • Just finished episode 25.

About half-way through the series, I was considering jumping ship like I did with SEED at around episode 15ish. But, I got re-hooked.

Goddamn, what an ending for the first season... And body count.
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, but once you remember the director did FMA and hence has zero hang ups about killing people.

Simply put, they die when they're killed.

My club agreed, "Huh?" was the greatest moment of any Gundam ever.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • Simply put, they die when they're killed.
    So no "Jesus" Yamato?
  • So far, this is a great Gundam show. It kinda got a little slow in the middle, but from around episode 16 the show ramps up to an awesome season finale. Now the waiting starts...
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, but once you remember the director did FMA and hence has zero hang ups about killing people.

Simply put, they die when they're killed.

My club agreed, "Huh?" was the greatest moment of any Gundam ever.
    Gundam series are used to kill characters. Also, the character who died in FMA had a better characterization in the manga and the fire alchemist took it a lot harder there.

Also, your club is wrong: the greatest Gundam moment ever was when Amuro Ray defeated Char, and when Domon Kashu defeated the undefeated of the east T_T .
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Finally, a Gundam that is Good. Im STilL ScARed FrOm GuNDAm SEEd deEsTInY (*shiver*)
  • Finally, a Gundam that is Good. Im STilL ScARed FrOm GuNDAm SEEd deEsTInY (*shiver*)
    Please... Don't remind us.

I was expecting a lower body count, especially for the halfway point of a Gundam season, but at least it kinda gives a point to the side story with that engineering student. I can't wait for season two to come out.
  • I was rather disappointed with the ending to the first season. It was good the whole way through... up until everyone and their mother started getting solar furnaces. Plus, the Trans-Am system was kinda cheesy, in my opinion.
  • edited April 2008
    Also, your club is wrong: the greatest Gundam moment ever was when Amuro Ray defeated Char, and when Domon Kashu defeated the undefeated of the east T_T .
    I meant the best death in Gundam 00.

Some people go out fantastically, he just went "huh?". We actually cheered.

On the topic of Gundam 00, Bandai Ent. announced it got the rights to 00. Expect Canada related tv fun to happen soon.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • edited April 2008
    EDIT: Damn, Conan-san got to it first. That'll teach me to leave a page alone and not reload it before posting on it. XD;; But yes, I don't think anyone's surprised that Bandai has the license. It was inevitable.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I got caught up on this show recently. Did Geeknights ever do a show on it?
  • I stopped watching at episode 20 of the second season, and I have no idea why. I need to finish the show.
  • I stopped watching at episode 20 of the second season, and I have no idea why. I need to finish the show.
    I did the same thing with Evangelion, but I think it was episode 24.
  • The entire second season was all mostly kind of meh, apart from the Lockon and Anew storyline. I hated the Medieval Knights designs used for the A-Laws.
    The 00 Gundam was as expected nothing more.
  • I thought the action in the second season was far and away better than that of the first season (the assault on Momento Mori was my personal favorite), but the story, which was a good, if simple, human drama in the first season, got convoluted and deus-ex-machina-sci-fi-gimmicky.
  • I think I like this series because it's the first Gundam series that I can remember (besides G-Gundam) in which the main character isn't just some blank slate. Setsuna actually has a personality, shows some emotion, and some personal demons, so it actually makes him interesting. Lockon is still the best, though.