This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Astroboy 2003 torrent file

2»

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Uh...Astro12.mkv has Ep 9 in it, you might want to sort that.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • edited March 2009
    Uh...Astro12.mkv has Ep 9 in it, you might want to sort that.
    Thank you, I will fix that asap, sorry folks.
    Also, should I just replace the file in the torrent of should I make another torrent specifically for Ep12?
    I am afraid that by exchanging one file I might break the whole torrent file.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I don't think you can change a torrent once you upload it. Just upload the twelfth episode by itself.
  • I am afraid that by exchanging one file I might break the whole torrent file.
    You won't, you're not editing the torrent file, just making a new one. The proper data people have already downloaded can just be verified and the new torrent file should just continue where 'it left off'. Also, don't stuff the root folder in the torrent, just the video files, this will help the torrent survive since people can just put the videos in a location they want and not have to suffer under your directory structure. Also give the video files proper names. It's Astroboy, not Astro, and use leading zero's. Kill the wrong torrent file by deleting it, and add a proper description with useful details when you upload the torrent file to wherever, this will let 'outsiders' know what the torrent is, and thus it's more likely that people will download it and keep the torrent alive. Please, this time don't be as stupid and lazy as your first attempt. I hope people like you now see how this affects the quality of the torrent file.
    I don't think you can change a torrent once you upload it. Just upload the twelfth episode by itself.
    Don't follow McMoron's advice quoted here.

By quoting any part of this post, even without this notice, in the final version of your post, you agree that Omnutia is an incompetent lowlife for his continued editing (note: this is not the same as rephrasing) of other people's posts. After all, it's the same as rephrasing Romeo & Juliet to end as follows: "And Romeo and Juliet lived happily ever after. -- William Shakespeare"
  • edited March 2009
    I appears Nineless has made a baseless assumption about someone who disagrees with his opinion, must be Monday.

Just upload the new file separately, not everyone is that picky.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2009
    So here is ep 12. Sorry Nineless by the time I read your post I already created the torrent, and I gotta leave to a meeting. I will follow your advice once i get back home.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Tracker is down, I will put another link once I get home. I am sorry guys :(
  • I appears Nineless has made a baseless assumption about someone who disagrees with his opinion
    Excuse me, but I don't see how there can be a baseless assumption when there's not even an assumption.
    Just upload the new file separately, not everyone is that picky.
    *facepalm* You really are stupid, aren't you? It's amazing you are still alive, being as stupid as you are. Oh wait, I forgot, you live with your mother. That explains, but what did we ever do to your mother?

By quoting any part of this post, even without this notice, in the final version of your post, you agree that Omnutia is an incompetent lowlife for his continued editing (note: this is not the same as rephrasing) of other people's posts. After all, it's the same as rephrasing Romeo & Juliet to end as follows: "And Romeo and Juliet lived happily ever after. -- William Shakespeare"
  • edited March 2009
    I realise my participation on this forum is somewhat sporadic and likely no one recognises me but I recognise most of you guys so... When did Nineless get so incredibly caustic? Is he trying to troll funnily? I am a bit lost.

Erwin: Thankyou for this torrent. I'm pretty curious to see the different dub. I'll start downloading when I get home and seed for a few days if I can. My connection is not that great though.
    Post edited by Mamath on
  • edited March 2009
    Nice work proving my point there Nineless.

@Mamath: I'm pretty sure he's serious, which is worrying.

As it's only 2GB I'll download it to my server, I can only give 40kB/s but my server is always on. Plus, it's Astroboy.
  • edited March 2009
    Finally I was able to fix it.
    I made a final torrent that contains all 23 episodes.
    And another torrent that contains only episode 12.
    I guess now everyone is happy.
    I will be erasing the files for 1-12, 13-24 and 12 once I notice that no one is downloading from them, in that way we can have one single big file to share.
    I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I did. Also for the last episodes it looks like they forgot to put the subtitles on the name of the episodes.
    By the way if anyone care to make better subs just contact me so I can upload them raw.
    Post edited by Erwin on
    edited March 2009
    I made a final torrent that contains all 23 episodes.
    Great work, that's a big improvement. It could with some technical details like this being 'Hardsubbed, handbrake rips from R3 DVDs with the Japanese audio track and English subtitles', but that's of lesser importance atm. I'll step over in a minute, thanks for the work.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Awesome stuff. A bit disheartening that this is probably all we'll ever get as far as a properly translated version of Astro Boy is concerned but at this point, I'll take what I can get.
  • I'm slowly d/ling the first episode. Seems to think it's going to take a whole day to do it! My connection is slow but I didn't think it was that bad. xD I may just download a couple of them to see the different dub and leave it at that. There'll be a reeaaally terrible seed of episode one around for ages, at least, yay!

It's so sad that such a well animated show got such a terrible DVD release. :/ They did so much right (more than I thought they would >_>) with this remake and then to fail so hard on the DVD release! Waugh!

At least there is still Pluto. <3
  • I'm slowly d/ling the first episode. Seems to think it's going to take a whole day to do it!
    It shouldn't take that long.
    There'll be a reeaaally terrible seed of episode one around for ages, at least, yay!
    Silly girl, you can't be a seed of only one ep in the torrent. You're a seed when you have all the data, other wise you're just a peer.
  • So much drama over some torrents. Seriously people.
  • At least there is still Pluto. <3</p>
    And for that I rejoice. I mean, I was very interested when I saw the first clip back on 2001/2002 of Astro flying for the first time. Back then I new very little about Tezuka but this looked promising if only because when I listened to the voices I realize they were speaking in English (the dub actors were different to the ones that they ultimately used) and it looked natural. So, I waited for its American release. It was finally was released on 2004. However, they changed a bunch of stuff and it lacked the original soundtrack. I was disseminated but I new that its dvd release would be awesome, if only because it is from Tezuka. Nevertheless, Sony mess it up really bad and I thought that I might never be able to watch it the way it was suppose to be watched.
    Then, a little over a year and a half ago Anime World Order did its Tezuka special and Daryl talked about the region 3 dvd release. I still have hope that eventually Sony would look back on the errors of its ways and deliver us a proper Astro Boy release.
    edited March 2009
    So much drama over some torrents. Seriously people.
    No drama, just some stupid trying to spite me.

EDIT: Problems solved.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited April 2009
    Can I quickly ask something?

What episodes are the Pluto ones? Are they in the torrent?
    I still have hope that eventually Sony would look back on the errors of its ways and deliver us a proper Astro Boy release.
    Sony of the "599 US Dolars"?
    Sony of the "Release one disk of Cyborg 009"?
    Sony of the "Shitty Astroboy 2k3 boxset"?

Hope, in this case, is an utter fallacy.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • edited April 2009
    Silly girl, you can't be a seed of only one ep in the torrent. You're a seed when you have all the data, other wise you're just a peer.
    *rolleyes* Yes, let's worry about specific terminology. Needless to say, I'll be sharing the episode one data for those who share my curiousity for some time.

I doubt there will ever be a rerelease seeing as the target market is very much kids who won't see the difference in quality. I'm not too concerned though - 1980s Astro is where it's really at. Everyone knows that. :D

The episode "Rise of Pluto" is number 14, I think. :) Not sure if it was a two-parter in the 2003 series as it was in the 1980s series. I'm sure Erwin will know.
    Post edited by Mamath on
  • The Pluto episodes are 17 and 18.
  • I've finished downloading the full (no ep 20) torrent, and I'll watch some of it this weekend when I have time. Seeding continues for now.
  • edited April 2009
    This is a steal, if you have money buy it.
    If you win it you are welcome :P
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • edited April 2009
    I've hit a seed ratio of 1.000 and I've stopped seeding anything else for a while so get it while you can.