This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Animal Crossing: City Folk (& DS Flash Card).

Comments

• So I think I got the Island scheme mastered, netting on average 170k bells per trip. 2nd Floor of the museum is open as well as Club LOL.
  • I took a day off from crossing my animals, but got back on the horse yesterday and paid off that museum floor. I was on a serious roll w/ the public works projects. Got 2 bridges, fire hydrant, bench, resetti center, dream suite, and now the museum floor. I'll definitely be doing camp site next. I didn't realize it had such an in-game effect.

I assume club LOL will be open soon. I handed in those signatures days ago.

The Bestbuy SSID trick is hilarious and awesome but I don't even know if it's worth the effort for the clock.
  • Yeah. I just read about the campsite. I would have built that shit so much sooner than the stupid lamp post and fire hydrant. It will be built today.

It just goes to show that you really need to read about almost everything before doubting it in this game.

I am just really wanting a soundtrack for this game. I would pay $20-$25 for the entire soundtrack.
  • Yep. I built the campsite because I want the chance to invite cool animals to my town. I already got Cube, but I want some of the robots and frogs and other cool peoples.
  • I made that the first one because it was a cheap thing that looked cool nice to know about the payoffs.
  • Jeremy has turnips being bought for 338 today. Too bad none of you guys have him on your friend's list. :P
  • Just confirmed that the bestbuy hack works!
  • Ohhhh yeah, silver rod.
  • Ohhhh yeah, silver rod.
    Eww, keep that to yourself, this is a family-friendly game.
  • edited June 2013
    It really is too bad they can't upgrade the items on the Island once you buy the upgraded versions on the main land.

I'm using the 4 extra exhibit rooms on the second floor of the museum to display the fortune cookie furniture, the balloon items, and all the gyroids I have. Too bad your HHA score can't go towards that.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I ordered a bunch of the different glass cases and such from the Regginator's house, for use in the museum exhibits.
  • I was disappointed that you can't buy his bed.
  • Animal Crossing fucking sucks. This review has convinced me.
  • edited June 2013
    I have a ton of peaches to sell. Who wants to let me into their town? Providing one of the stores is open!
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Is anyone planning on attending the Friday events at the Nintendo World store in NYC?
  • edited July 2013
    Animal Crossing is having a July photo a day challenge. Take a picture as described in the photo and upload it via Image Share.

I have no perfect fruit for the 5th.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Does the photo always show the time stamp?
  • No, unless you save the photo to look at the data embedded with the image. I haven't seen perfect fruit since the first day I played the game.

I also need to look into getting a Mii mask. Everything else is cake. Well, by the 21st I need to make sure Brewster hires me at the cafe.
  • edited July 2013
    If I can come to your town later and sell some peaches I will gladly give you a perfect peach.

I think I might have a couple hundred peaches and about 30 perfect ones that I need to sell so I can pay off my museum upgrade.
  • How you get these? I like Ro have never seen a perfect fruit.
  • There should have been one in your town when you moved in. Slightly different color than your normal native fruit.

You can only grow perfect fruit of your native variety in your town. If you try foreign perfect fruit nothing happens.
  • There should have been one in your town when you moved in. Slightly different color than your normal native fruit.
    Nope.
  • Well, I saw one perfect peach on the first day of play. I don't see anymore. Perhaps, I shouldn't have cut down so many peach trees. I'll plant more today.
  • Well, I saw one perfect peach on the first day of play. I don't see anymore. Perhaps, I shouldn't have cut down so many peach trees. I'll plant more today.
    You have native peaches too? I can give you some perfect peaches to plant.

• Ooh yes. Ok. Later on today after 4PM PST. Do you need any fruit?
  • edited July 2013
    I have all the fruit. I do need help paying off my museum expansion.

I should be home after 8PM EST.

I can give you a stack of nine perfect peaches. I think perfect fruit sells for about 3k bells each in a foreign town.
  • I can donate some bells. I have over 1 Mill in the bank. :3

Got my Piggy Bank from the post office the other day.
  • You have too much time on your hands! I can only do the beetle harvest so many times...
  • Not gonna lie, but I time travel. I don't change the time with Isabelle, but with the actual system. My work hours can't allow me to get the best bugs on the Island.

I found the sweet spot to be between 11PM-2AM.

I can get over 300k on one trip. Just make sure to not carry any of the poopy bugs or fishes. Jeremy and I have this down to a science.
  • Don't forget, during your beetle runs, to give yourself a little running boost when there aren't any beetles around so that you scare away all the crappy fish. Will give you a shot at generating some more sharks.