This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Animal Crossing: City Folk (& DS Flash Card).

Comments

• That's what I've been doing. You can also swat your net at the dumb fishes.

Fishes you want: any marlins, red snapper, barred knifejaw, napoleanfish, ALL SHARKS.

Bugs: Golden stag, giant stag (blue/black), horned hercules (worth the most), elephant one (all yellow and big as fuck), goliath beetle (red and silver), cyclomantus, saw stag (maybe. they are worth 2k)

The dynastids are ok, but if you can get better, then do it.

If you aren't netting 2k per catch, then I feel it's not worth it as much.
  • Not gonna lie, but I time travel. I don't change the time with Isabelle, but with the actual system. My work hours can't allow me to get the best bugs on the Island.

I found the sweet spot to be between 11PM-2AM.

I can get over 300k on one trip. Just make sure to not carry any of the poopy bugs or fishes. Jeremy and I have this down to a science.
    I KNEW IT. I was always wondering how you where so ahead of the curve compared to everyone.
  • Opening my gate
  • Do you need oranges by any chance?
  • I didn't see you online Steve. :(
  • edited July 2013
    Give me a minute. Had to do some museum work

Should be open now.

Thanks Ro!
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Thanks for the peaches, hopefully you enjoy the Ro bells hook up. ;^)
  • Remember you can only harvest perfect fruit 3-5 times before the tree dies.
  • Yeah I just read that. So much effort.
  • Yeah. I have a lot planted, and when one falls I make sure to plant 1-2 more. The money is good.
  • Bugs: Golden stag, giant stag (blue/black), horned hercules (worth the most), elephant one (all yellow and big as fuck), goliath beetle (red and silver), cyclomantus, saw stag (maybe. they are worth 2k)

The dynastids are ok, but if you can get better, then do it.

If you aren't netting 2k per catch, then I feel it's not worth it as much.
    This is the approach I took last night after looking up the beetle prices. Earned about 200k and know it's definitely possible to go much higher than that depending on how long you spend hunting.
  • I've been trying to find that sweet spot in hunting time. I've done a few trips where I refuse to take anything that sells for less than 6k bells, but I don't think it's worth the time. I'm at least taking back a few emperor butterflies and moray eels.
  • Aw Yus, Nooks are getting their 2nd upgrade!
  • I'm actually really considering buying another 3G Kindle Keyboard. After a year of having my Nook Tablet, I really miss my old kindle.
  • At least once a week I hit the power button when I mean to hit start to save my game!!!!! Just had a great run on the island too :(
  • Finally got the silver shovel! Now I have to pass Gracie's fashion check 4 times to get the next level Nook for maximum item gathering...
  • Bought 3,000 turnips from Joan at 102. Sold them yesterday for 436. Million bell+ profit.

So nice. So so very nice.

Also a few things I noticed about the wireless connections. I had two people visit me via internet and it timed out, which sucked, but the save prior was a nice fallback. It's funny because one person that visited me was from CT, and the other was Jeremy. He was sitting right next to me.

Also if you connect locally for people to visit, don't take your 3DS more than 10 feet away or you'll disconnect. Whoops.
  • Just finished Dream Suite. Starting the Museum Expansion, and the Nook shop is getting the third upgrade tomorrow.
  • I haven't been playing a whole lot but I just finished second loan and cardboard cutout. I also switched from frog hat with Fawful glasses to deep sea diver helmet. You know, to make people aware I mean business as mayor.
  • Would you like to visit El Grand(e) in your dreams? 4000-2257-7870 is the code.
  • Ro hooked me up with her 436 bell turnip price. Sold 2200 and made nearly a million. Awww yeah
  • Elvis from my town called Ro a "Time Traveling Mayor" not sure if game knows if you cheat...
  • They game knows. My town residents mention it from time to time. It doesn't matter to me. However, I haven't been told that in a while.
  • They game knows. My town residents mention it from time to time. It doesn't matter to me. However, I haven't been told that in a while.
    Now if they were to gift you a Tardis....then it would be hilarious.
  • Anyone got the hookup on turnip prices today?
  • Every month, check your Spot Pass at the Post Office for a free item. For July, you get a Palm Tree Lamp.

Also check out my Dream Suite if you want: 5100-2260-6489 . I recently went to Matt's. I'll check out Coldguy's later on. Too bad you can't purchase things in the Dream Suite like you can with the HHA Street Tags.

@Matt, I'll check in a bit. Don't think it will be better than Tuesday.
  • Yeah the dream suite would be so much more worthwhile if that were the case. The only thing I'm considering using it for is visiting foreign countries when they have specific holidays that are not in our version of the game. Wonder if we'll get to see the festivities and such.

Is Dream Suite something you need to go in and update the version of your town you have on file? For some reason I remember thinking this, and if so, then you probably visited an ancient version of my town :)
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah. You need to keep updating your Dream Suite. I would say once a week or it will eventually get deleted, especially if no one visits it.

You can also see that the walrus guy to be able to get the town's flag pattern if you want.

I'm also going to test out visiting random people around the world. That would be cool.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I only need 12 more fossils!
  • Is anyone having problems with reading QR codes? I've tried using the sewing machine in the Able Sister's shop a lot, but it never recognizes the code. I've tried making it bigger, but there's no change.