This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Animal Crossing: City Folk (& DS Flash Card).

Comments

• I have yet to try the QR codes. I have it available in the shop, but that is a whole new ballgame. There are so many great outfits out there. It's amazing how many different awesome outfits the fans out there have made.

http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/ is a great resource.

Also this is one of the best custom shirts I've seen to date:

• So I found out what is good about the dream suite...if you update the dream you get 5000 bells.
  • Haha just found that out as well!
  • Ro, is that a 3 Wolf Moon shirt in Animal Crossing!?
  • Yes. I want to find that pattern. Also as of yesterday, my town is happy! That means I can upgrade town hall to either these three themes: classic Japanese, Fairytale, or modern. I have no idea which one to choose.
  • Does modern turn it into generic government building?
  • You can see them here: http://acnewleaf.com/2012/12/17/the-many-town-halls-of-animal-crossing-new-leaf/

For now I have the flower clock being built. I'll do the town hall upgrade tomorrow.
  • I think I might have to go for that fairy tale one, it's pretty boss.
  • Hey, do any of you guys have any of the Sloppy furniture? We're trying to collect it all and I still need the chair, clock, and the floor. Would trade or pay a few million bells.
  • edited July 2013
    Did they fix the bestbuy router trick? When I went to get my new item for this week it told me I had already received it :(

Edit: didn't realize each item is up for longer than a week.

Also, while your router is named best buy you can not get the normal monthly item.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • I am trying to go for a Cabana set, thinking twice about it since I am not fond of most of the mini games. It appears I can constantly get gold in the Scavenger one at the Official Level, Elite nets me 3 additional Bells and some more additional headaches. Waiting to get the Toutimer thing so that I can do these multi-player style so the grinding does not feel as bad.
  • I accidentally left my tortimer trophy in my inventory when leaving the island :(
  • I decided to go with the Zen Town Hall upgrade. Eventually I will use the Zen theme on the bridges, once it is suggested by the townsfolk, along with the Post Office.

I started working at the cafe yesterday. I used the guide. Trying to figure out all the damn coffee sets is ridiculous. I just want the prizes from Blathers.

I, too, am trying to get the Cabana set. The Scavenger Hunt is the best way, however I just go with Official and not Elite. Those plants are too fucking difficult at times.
  • edited July 2013

I am all about K.K. Disco.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I think I just got a cabana wall shelf. If you needs I can order from catalog for you.
  • edited July 2013
    I think I just got a cabana wall shelf. If you needs I can order from catalog for you.
    I don't believe you can order anything from the island on the Nook catalog.

Also that image isn't funny. The whole Nook is the mafia thing joke that you normally see is humorous, but eh.

Edit: over the weekend, Jeremy had an issue with saving and quitting the game. It was taking way too long to save and quit. It wouldn't fully save. He had to keep turning off the console and saving by using the save and continue option, then resetting.

Did a quick Google search and this suggestion worked. FYI.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Ah. I got the shelf at re-tail.
  • edited July 2013
    Ah. I got the shelf at re-tail.
    I would be glad to take that off your hands.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
    Are we 3DS friends?
    Are we 3DS friends?
    I thought we were did you dump me? D: (All kidding aside I think we are)
  • Sorry, it was Ranch not Cabana.
  • Sorry, it was Ranch not Cabana.
    That's cool, still wanting to get club tourtimer unlocked for THOSE items.
  • I am looking for some perfect cherries. My friend just got the game and didn't understand the tree planting rules and ended up the wasting her starting perfect cherry.
  • Just realized something: 3DS at CTcon...all those houses and things can be mine!
  • You better make sure to clear your cache of houses you have already visited and got all the items from. I'm not sure if it holds them in queue.

If anyone finds out more info about this let me know. I've been wondering about this for PAX.
  • You can mark homes as favorites.
  • Yes, I know that. That wasn't what I was asking about. I was referring to the queue if your HHA is full of houses in all 3 areas. If you get new street passes what happens to them?
  • It's probably about time that I put my friend code up here for visits and such.
    2750-1277-0629
  • Yes, I know that. That wasn't what I was asking about. I was referring to the queue if your HHA is full of houses in all 3 areas. If you get new street passes what happens to them?
    I can't remember specifics, but I remember from the original HHA Showcase instructions that old homes do get overwritten, so it is important to use the "favorite" feature which prevents this if you want to keep a home around for later purchases.