This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Animal Crossing: City Folk (& DS Flash Card).

Comments

• That's what I recently read online, Matt. I will just have to make sure my stuff is empty. I only favorite my friends or really awesome houses, and of course the Regginator's.

I've been ask by The Pocket Players to do a weekly journal/blog update about my town. I recently wrote a letter to mom and dad about my experiences in Digitown.

http://thepocketplayers.com/2013/07/11/new-leaf-on-life-part-1/
  • You guys probably already know this buy I guess there is a way to sort of managing the island in such a way as to grab all the expensive bugs that land on palm trees. Jeff on Giant Bomb was talking about it and saying he was netting about 400k bells for a run. It takes a while, but its basically like get rid of all the flowers on the island and remove any palms on the bottom (and in the middle? This whole step I think is optional but makes the setup more efficient) then you just go along and catch bugs. I guess there is some that run around on the ground that you occasionally need to chase away. But yeah you fill up your inventory, drop them in the basket, go back out, rinse repeat.
  • I had seen some people on the Club Tortimer islands burying the conch shells as well. I wonder if that stops them from respawning and therefore no hermit crabs to get in the way?

Today is the first week where my interest in crossing Animals has faded. Might be losing it, but gonna try to get this house paid off first, so close!
  • edited July 2013
    Guess who's Nooks is getting an upgrade?

Me actually. How did you know?

Also someone visit my town via the Dream Suite! Kudos to whomever it was.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited July 2013
    I had seen some people on the Club Tortimer islands burying the conch shells as well. I wonder if that stops them from respawning and therefore no hermit crabs to get in the way?
    Most likely. I suppose the trick is that there is a maximum number of bugs that can be on the island at any given time. So by removing the flowers (and probably the conch shells) you're maximizing the chances of having expensive bugs spawn on the palm trees.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I am using my morning and afternoon bus commute to cross the animals. I'm starting to feel the burn, but still going.

224+ hours and going....

(^_^;)
  • So I finally got a new version of Animal Crossing.

I went from wild worlds to City Folk. Hurrah.

Anyway, My brother has taken a real liking to the game and is playing it daily. Hopefully it teaches him a little something about citizenship or something. Maybe economics?
  • Nope.
    That is what Harvest Moon games are for.
  • Nope.
    Those games just teach you disappointment.

• Nope.

Or the best way to get someone to love you is to give them gifts everyday and stalk them for where they will be at the right times.
  • Nope.

Or the best way to get someone to love you is to give them gifts everyday and stalk them for where they will be at the right times.
    Also, taking care of a farm involves cuddling with all your animals.

• Nope.

Also a chicken and a cow eat the same amount of food.
  • Nope.

Also people visibly age in a year, or never. But nothing in between.

• Nope.

Also in order to mind rock all you need is a giant hammer to break them open instead of a pick axe.

Being the town drunk on new years gets you to be the most popular person.
  • Nope.

Also in order to mind rock all you need is a giant hammer to break them open instead of a pick axe.

Being the town drunk on new years gets you to be the most popular person.
    And eggplants always win the Harvest Festival.

• Harvest Moon Jeff Foxworthy jokes...And eggplants always win the Harvest Festival.

Also placing your pet in a building will guarantee that the building will not be destroyed in a hurricane or blizzard.
  • I could go on forever. But I won't.
  • Oh yeah. 177k HHA points. Oh yes. Almost have my last room paid off.

I unfortunately missed out on catching the tarantual and scorpion, so no Golden Net for me until next year. :(

I really want this soundtrack. Apparently Club Nintendo Europe released some sort of CD on their rewards store. This is what pisses me off about Nintendo. Yet again they have an opportunity to make money to just release video game OSTs and nothing.

Your Wii U sucks. Make money where you can. /fangirlrant
  • I have tried the theme challenge and got up over 500K but every day my points would drop even if I made no changes to my house.
  • Is anyone interested in this? I ordered it for my kid months ago and now she doesn't like Animal Crossing anymore.
  • Jeremy bought me one this week. So awesome. Much adorbz.
  • Just checked and my town is paying premium for perfect apples. Anyone have them?
  • I just got a 3ds and animal crossing!
  • Sweet what is your friend code for crossing?
  • This is my 3ds friend code: 4227-3414-7127. Are they different?
  • Nope they are the same mine is 1134-7769-0272
  • More importantly, which fruit do you have?
  • edited October 2014
    Took the plunge, have Cherries as primary and got Apples from the tutorial. Fruit have been plucked to pay for the down payment but will have more in a few days time.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Coldguy added! I have pears and peaches from the tutorial! I paid my downpay by fishing and collecting shells so I have plenty of fruit.