This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Animal Crossing: City Folk (& DS Flash Card).

Comments

• Just bought turnips from some guy on reddit for 91 bells a turnip. Stalk market here I come!
  • Coldguy added! I have pears and peaches from the tutorial! I paid my downpay by fishing and collecting shells so I have plenty of fruit.

Fishing rod was a good choice - I chose the net, and it was goddamned useless till I unlocked the island.

• I'll add you guys later. Feel free to raid my perfect peach orchard.
  • I adjusted my clock because it was slightly off and all of my turnips went bad. Dafuq?
  • I adjusted my clock because it was slightly off and all of my turnips went bad. Dafuq?

It's to prevent people cheating the stalk market - if you change your clock, all your turnips rot.

• Damn it. I went to some reddit guy's town to get turnips for cheap too. 91 bells a piece. Oh well.
  • Waiting for axe to unlock so I can start my zoning project...
  • I'm still working on getting 100% satisfaction. Today was Explorer's Day (Columbus Day) and so, while Isabelle's outfit was adorable (she looks like a little puppy pirate!), the town hall was closed so I couldn't get my permit or even find out if I hit 100%.
  • Due to internet circles I managed to acquire an Axe and a silver shovel. Thus making the beginning slog much easier.
  • Anyone has their town open, I need my axes! I broke the last one when attempting to zone out.
  • I am in dire need of axes, my fruit need planting!
  • Why do you need an axe to plant fruit? That requires a shovel.
  • Why do you need an axe to plant fruit? That requires a shovel.

Cant have too many trees in fruit orchard, cutting down the ones that do not produce guarantees they will grow properly.
  • I can toss you a standard axe.
    My friend code is: 3411-0956-1114
  • Here's a tip for you - when fishing, don't bother looking, use the sound. Only start hammering A when you hear the bloop, not the little splashes of it nibbling.
  • Doesn't fishing only require one button press?
  • Two. One to cast the line and another to reel in the fish.
  • Oh yeah, I'm thinking of sharks. Sharks require you to hammer the button.
  • So would I be missing anything if I got this now after everyone else pretty much finished playing?
  • Ikatono said:

So would I be missing anything if I got this now after everyone else pretty much finished playing?

Nope I'm going casually and almost ready to invite people in to take stuff to jump start new towns.
  • Coldguy said:

Ikatono said:

So would I be missing anything if I got this now after everyone else pretty much finished playing?

Nope I'm going casually and almost ready to invite people in to take stuff to jump start new towns.
    I'm also playing casually, but due to timezones I rarely have people over. I mostly just farm the island - I put it down for a few months and didn't play, so I'm still not that advanced.
  • Ikatono said:

I just started, so it ought to be fun.
  • Ok, so now I just need to decide between this and Fantasy Life.
  • Ikatono said:

Ok, so now I just need to decide between this and Fantasy Life.

Well share the friend code once you decide.
  • Just ordered Animal Crossing: 1564-3673-3514
  • edited October 2014
    I've added everyone, I think. My town is open to people on my friend's list. Free to visit and take fruit. I have them all. Please don't mess with the flowers and stumps.

My Nook Mart is fully upgraded and Gracie is selling the Sweets set. Come and get them!

I'll have my 3DS next to me, but won't be playing. I'm playing Destiny at the moment.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Digitown is open for visitors. 203 bells for turnips.
  • My town is open. I have peaches and pears. I'm leaving it open but may be AFK.
  • My copy should arrive today. I'm hoping knowing people with the game will allow me to actually do stuff the first few days.
  • Dude, we can set you up with mad fruitz.