This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Animal Crossing: City Folk (& DS Flash Card).

Comments

• I am a horrible person. I am also all about that 8-bit mario amiibo.
  • edited September 2015
    So. Happy Home Designer comes out later on this month. That means Trading Cards.

I'm more than happy to trade cards with people via mail if they are willing to do the same. More to come later. More info can be found here.

Ugh. I hate this, but I can't help myself.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I don't know. If you have the expendable income, and you enjoy the act of collecting (which you should, if you're into Animal Crossing games in the first place), I don't see anything wrong with collecting these Trading Cards.

I'm not the biggest fan of AC, but I may get these cards, since they're so goddamn adorable!
  • VentureJ said:

I don't know. If you have the expendable income, and you enjoy the act of collecting (which you should, if you're into Animal Crossing games in the first place), I don't see anything wrong with collecting these Trading Cards.

I'm not the biggest fan of AC, but I may get these cards, since they're so goddamn adorable!

At one point I did own all of the ac e-reader cards.

• Strangely it sounds like Happy Home Designer doesn't really have any stakes in its gameplay. That is to say, if you add the clock that the guy wants he literally cares about nothing else. Seems weird considering that even regular Animal Crossing had more than that with the Happy Home people.
  • M'wahahahaha. It begins!

After I finish the last boss fight in Mario & Luigi Dream Team.
  • Hahaha, proud of you. I want to inevitably see what you pull! I'm gonna pick up a few packs myself. I'm hoping to get KK Slider!
  • Can we just have a straight up Animal Crossing MMO already?
  • Just realized that it's a normal sized 3DS and not XL. They only released those sizes in Japan and EU.

(;☉_☉)
  • This was a temptation for me, as I really don't want an XL, but wouldn't mind upgrading to the New 3DS. However, decided I don't have any interest in Happy Home Designer. I've crossed animals three times in my life already, and this version is going to be a pass. I'm sure the normal new 3DS will release separately eventually.
  • Rochelle said:

Just realized that it's a normal sized 3DS and not XL. They only released those sizes in Japan and EU.

(;☉_☉)

Yeah that was the big news about it. Also that means you can switch out faceplates too. So you could possibly make your own or import new ones etc.
  • Yeah. I'm going to keep it. The normal screen is fine. It's so adorable.
  • edited September 2015

Look some of the faceplate options for that 3DS version! I'm partial to the little Nook brothers faceplate. I know there are lots more, and are about $12 a piece in Japan right now.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • You can also 3d print them
  • edited October 2015
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I can't help myself. I need this.

Damn, UK for getting the cools ones.
  • I forgot the first rule of Stalk Market trading: Don't time travel. I just lost 64k bells in turnips.
  • I forgot the first rule of Stalk Market trading: Don't time travel. I just lost 64k bells in turnips.

I feel that's just good life advice in general.

• This Animal Crossing digital board game coming out tomorrow looks absolutely horrible, based on the trailers. It looks even worse than Mario Party 10, which was a definitive low point for the franchise.

So yeah, if we get 4 people together this weekend, we may pick it up and subject ourselves to its torture for laughs.
  • Matt said:

This Animal Crossing digital board game coming out tomorrow looks absolutely horrible, based on the trailers. It looks even worse than Mario Party 10, which was a definitive low point for the franchise.

So yeah, if we get 4 people together this weekend, we may pick it up and subject ourselves to its torture for laughs.

I have a few more to add to that pile.if you want a taste of the bad...
  • I'm scared to ask. So far the only shit-tier Wii U games we've been subjected to have been Mario Party 10, Game & Wario, and Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Matt said:

I'm scared to ask. So far the only shit-tier Wii U games we've been subjected to have been Mario Party 10, Game & Wario, and Tank! Tank! Tank!

I have to see if its still there but adventure time's dungeon crawl game and epic mickey 2 are two of them. The former is more of a lazy fame while the latest has the proverbial lack of direction of what to do.
  • I can safely say I will never touch either of those games.
  • http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-20-four-years-on-animal-crossing-new-leaf-is-getting-a-big-update

Looks like they are going to integrate the Amiibo Cards and possibly Amiibos to the game. GAME CHANGER. The possibility of finally being able to have all the possible NPCs in your town is so cool. Just need to finish my series 4 cards. More reason to be able to get rid of my extra cards.
  • Something tells me the villager won't be taking up residence in your town, just probably stopping by to say hello. Or there is going to be some serious restrictions on when you can prompt someone to move in.
  • Animal crossing update dropped.
    The new MEOW coupons stand for Mutual Exchange of Wealth. Looks like Isabelle is trying communism again.
  • I'm afraid to watch the updated stuff. I'm not ready for such delights.
  • Kittens are nothing but currency to dogs.
  • Okay, so they're actually the incentive for completing optional side quests in the game. Shit. This is gonna grab me hard.