This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Animal Crossing: City Folk (& DS Flash Card).

Comments

• What is the in game effect of the beautification ordinance?
  • I posted about it a few pages ago with all the descriptions of each ordinance. Search there.
  • I posted about it a few pages ago with all the descriptions of each ordinance. Search there.
    Yes Scott...
  • It's a decent amount of text. It's not that difficult to search on a page, lazy ass.
  • It's a decent amount of text. It's not that difficult to search on a page, lazy ass.
    I had tried googling it but kept getting real world links and reviews for the game without an real explanation of what the ordinance does.

Does it make the watering can unnecessary or does it just make villagers water some flowers? Are villager watered flowers sparkly?
  • Dude, if you look on page 2 of this thread topic and do a search of "ordinance" you'll see it.

I've had this ordinance in effect since day 4 or 5. I've yet to see any flowers wilt or weeds. The villagers do water the flowers every now and then, but maybe like 5% of them to be sparkly. If you want them sparkly you have to do it yourself.
  • Do you think planting 18 orange trees is enough? Also the only fruit that I am currently missing is pears...in which all the villagers are now requesting. Also triggered the 2nd floor for the museum which is set after the bridge is completed.
  • I have Pears. Give me your oranges.
  • I have Pears. Give me your oranges.
    I believe the tree will be sprouting today, if so you have a deal.

• I need to sell my peaches somewhere. One of my daughters friends got the special 3DS XL. She came over last night and also had peaches! All three of us have the same fruit!!!
  • I think I only have 9 to offer, but I only need 9 oranges to get me going. Later on today in the afternoon/evening. There is no wifi at my work.
  • edited June 2013
    I need to sell my peaches somewhere. One of my daughters friends got the special 3DS XL. She came over last night and also had peaches! All three of us have the same fruit!!!
    Yo! I got you covered, I need more peaches/apples in my mix.
    I think I only have 9 to offer, but I only need 9 oranges to get me going. Later on today in the afternoon/evening. There is no wifi at my work.
    That is fine I don't get out until 7ish EST so we should be on around the same time.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Thanks for the oranges.

Also:
  • Also, if you haven't checked with the HHA already, you should have gotten a Spot Pass from Reggie. His house has some pretty cool items to purchase.

Also last change for June bugs/fishes.

• Man, I so rarely see any fish under the waterfall. Only saw it once, actually, and I messed up the catch.
  • I don't have any of those fish and I don't have the Violin Beetle, but I don't have any tree stumps?
  • I have all of those but the char and violin beetle. I should have left my stumps up. That will be the plan today.
  • Apparently, if you change the SSID of your router to "Bestbuy", you can get the exclusive DLC when you connect.
  • Heh. That's interesting. I don't want to bother changing my name. It was previously PinkiePie, but now it's AnimalCrossing. :3

I'm sure that will be helpful for some of the dudes that couldn't get their's at Best Buy.
  • Apparently, if you change the SSID of your router to "Bestbuy", you can get the exclusive DLC when you connect.
    Connect to what is it the update Data on the main screen or connecting via the post office?

• I have no idea, I don't even own the game. I think post office?
  • edited June 2013
    Kicks just opened his store and now I can buy shoes that match my outfit.

But they won't match my purse.
    Post edited by Axel on
    I read that too but was too lazy to try. Can you change the date too?

• Who knows. Best to try it out before Sunday. The Raccoon Clock ends Saturday and the Cat Tree will be available on Sunday.
  • So I'm officially hooked, and, guys, I bought a small batch of Turnips this past Sunday at 91 bells and am eager to sell at a profit. The thing is, I've had bad luck on the stalk market this week (prices won't go higher than 111 bells) and am worried I'll have to sell at a loss. Does anyone know if you can sell in another town, and, to that end, does anyone have good prices in their town today? Would love to link up.
  • That's how it normally goes. It's every now and then they offer it at 200+. When that happens, I'll let the forum know along with the twitters.

Thursday-Saturday is normally best.
  • I started up Wild world on my DS because of this thread. Goddamn, I've got more Weeds than Snoop lion up in here.
  • That's how it normally goes. It's every now and then they offer it at 200+. When that happens, I'll let the forum know along with the twitters.
    Cool. I'll do the same. Friend code is: 3797-6300-4515.
  • Holy fucking balls Club LOL is the business. DJ KK is spinning the phattest beats. I want this mix so badly.
  • Sooooonnnnnn.