This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Medieval II Crash

edited October 2007 in Technology
Hey guys,

Just bought a copy of Medieval II. Installed with patches, and it crashes after about five to ten minutes of play. I read online a bit and found that it might help to reinstall without patches. Did a fresh install, no patches, and same result. Game tells me it has encountered an unspecified error and is shutting down. I see a lot of comments about this online, but no positive solution. My system specs are an AMD 3100 with 1GB of Geil RAM and a GeForce 7800GT. I'm running Windows XP with all updates as well as the latest drivers for all the hardware. I'd really appreciate any advice you guys have.

Comments

• Hey guys,

Just bought a copy of Medieval II. Installed with patches, and it crashes after about five to ten minutes of play. I read online a bit and found that it might help to reinstall without patches. Did a fresh install, no patches, and same result. Game tells me it has encountered an unspecified error and is shutting down. I see a lot of comments about this online, but no positive solution. My system specs are an AMD 3100 with 1GB of Geil RAM and a GeForce 7800GT. I'm running Windows XP with all updates as well as the latest drivers for all the hardware. I'd really appreciate any advice you guys have.
    Return it and buy a better game :P
  • Return it and buy a better game Civ 4 :P
  • Don't listen to the haters, guy. The Total War series is great. I just think the game is buggy beyond an acceptable level and the developers aren't interested in fixing it any time soon. My advice is to either do as Apreche suggests and return it for a refund or another game, or wait and hope for a patch that might never come.

Civ 4 is also awesome btw, but I'm guessing that if you like M2:TW, you also have Civ 4.
  • Is this Medieval: Total War or Medieval 2; The game where you play some zombie guy who can throw his own arm at people?
  • Is this Medieval: Total War or Medieval 2; The game where you play some zombie guy who can throw his own arm at people?
    That's Stubbs the Zombie, Rebel without a Pulse.
    That's Stubbs the Zombie, Rebel without a Pulse.
    Wrong spelling, the game I was thinking of was Medievil II