This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sometimes, Justice is Done

13»

Comments

• The solution to this is making paychecks of women the same as their male counterparts in the same function.
    Mr. Less, do you believe this is not the case now?
  • Mr. Less, do you believe this is not the case now?
    Not here. At least not all jobs.
    I'm sitting here doing a stupid document review job. There's a woman sitting next to me. Do you think I'm making more money than her?
  • Probably not, but I don't live in the United States, and you don't live in the Netherlands. We can smoke pot legally here for crying out loud!
    As far as I know there are still some differences, or at least that's what people say. And know that I know nothing about the higher paying jobs.
    I'm sitting here doing a stupid document review job. There's a woman sitting next to me. Do you think I'm making more money than her?
    No, but you probably spend less than they do!
  • edited June 2011
    Another justice has been done!

http://www.digtriad.com/news/watercooler/article/178031/176/Florida-Homeowner-Forecloses-On-Bank-Of-America

Some rich people bought a fancy house with cash. Bank of America foreclosed on them. The judge agreed they never had a mortgage to begin with. Bank of America was supposed to pay the legal fees, but didn't. The lawyer foreclosed on Bank of America. They didn't pay, so he went to the bank branch to seize the bank's assets. That's pretty awesome right there. Now if only this kind of justice were available to people who weren't wealthy enough to buy houses with cash.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited June 2011
    Whether or not someone owes you a house is something I'd thought people would keep track of.

That is pretty awesome that they went in and took everything.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • That is pretty awesome that they went in and took everything.
    They didn't actually. The bank caved and wrote them a check.
  • Ah, it's worded oddly. It implies that the attorney's orders were carried out.

"Phoenix Wright Vs Financial Crisis" get on it Capcom.