This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Political Parties and Partisan Elections

edited October 2007 in Politics
Ok, quick political discussion. What do you guys think of partisan elections? Are they bad, are they good? What's good about them and what's bad about them?

Comments

• Honestly I'd say it depends on how strict the parties are that their member fallow their ideals. What I mean is that if people believe mostly the same things (lets say free health care, better schooling for the nation's children, and Internet accessibility for all, and a green plan for the economy) then people who all believe in the same things should be able to form a group as such, but that said if the party has no official opinion on a subject (lets say legalization of cannabis) then the members should be able to vote how they, or more aptly how their constituents, feel regarding the subject without fear of being ejected from the party, even if the leader of the party has made his/her feelings well known on the topic. Then again I like the idea of rule by consensus.
  • I think....Green Party.
  • Then again I like the idea ofrule by consensus.I suspect that's what the the U.S. was intended to be.
  • I'm all for removing political party afilliations from the balot.
  • Interesting idea. I'd like to see how some people vote if they don't know which party which candidate is in. Green party is the best, anyways.