This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Crysis Demo.

edited October 2007 in Everything Else
The Demo can be found here. I just spent the last hour or so playing it. It makes my flagship machine feel like a 286. When all the graphic levels are dumbed down, it's still pretty. I went ahead and set everything to high anyway (very high is greyed out, presumably b/c I'm not running Vista on that machine). On high, it's a different game. The realism goes up quite a bit. As an FPS, it seems pretty good. There were some line artifacts, but that could be because it's a demo. It kept me engrossed until I got a blue screen so bad it rebooted my system.

Comments

• I still feel that, given what I've heard, Gabe and Tycho sum this up best:
  • The Demo can be foundhere.I just spent the last hour or so playing it. It makes my flagship machine feel like a 286. When all the graphic levels are dumbed down, it's still pretty. I went ahead and set everything to high anyway (very high is greyed out, presumably b/c I'm not running Vista on that machine). On high, it's a different game. The realism goes up quite a bit. As an FPS, it seems pretty good. There were some line artifacts, but that could be because it's a demo. It kept me engrossed until I got a blue screen so bad it rebooted my system.
    What are the specs of the rig you played it with?
  • I played it on an AMD X2 4400. ATI HD2900XT. 2gb of ram and running vista. It ate my machine for breakfast on medium settings at a resolution of 1680 x 1050.
  • Specs: Overclocked Pentium D. 1 gig RAM (also overclocked). Nvidia 7800 GTX Video Card. Windows XP. I need to update the drivers on my video card. I think that's what caused the system stop.
    edited October 2007
    I played it on an AMD X2 4400. ATI HD2900XT. 2gb of ram and running vista. It ate my machine for breakfast on medium settings at a resolution of 1680 x 1050.
    Question, why do people play at such huge resolutions? I mean, if it's not running nice, just drop the resolution a step.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I played it on an AMD X2 4400. ATI HD2900XT. 2gb of ram and running vista. It ate my machine for breakfast on medium settings at a resolution of 1680 x 1050.
    Question, why do people play at such huge resolutions? I mean, if it's not running nice, just drop the resolution a step.
    1680 x 1050 is the default resolution for my monitor (Dell 22" wide screen). In my opinion it gives a much nicer viewing area, you see a lot more in most cases. I used to have a square CRT, but I will never go back to gaming on one.